William Lutman's 2.2 build

William Lutman

So here are 2 pictures, tank just came today, but you will get the idea. Likely used one of my 10W 20K DIY LEDs

Choice 2 would have a Ehiem 2213 canister filter

jrpark22000

Premium member
Looks Great Will. It may leak water on the pickup tube side if the flow is too high. I filled the outer corner with epoxy to prevent it. Drop me a line if you want more details.

m.miller1547

Lookin good. I'm afraid the ac70 may be too much flow. Perhaps cutting the teeth a bit on the impeller??? I like the lighting. You may want to hang it off tank a little. You run risk of bleaching. Nice start. Where's the liverock? I'm interested in seeing everyone's scapes.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Lookin good. I'm afraid the ac70 may be too much flow. Perhaps cutting the teeth a bit on the impeller??? I like the lighting. You may want to hang it off tank a little. You run risk of bleaching. Nice start. Where's the liverock? I'm interested in seeing everyone's scapes.
Instead of cutting the impeller, you can simply trim the small tab the prevents the intake tube from moving towards the basket.

William Lutman

Ok all mods complete! I think AC-70 gives plenty of flow. What do you think? look at that wake on top :)

Filled and running, oh and if I open the curtains I get afternoon sun

Need to cut down my glass top, add some rock and a test Zoa

You can also swap out the impeller for one from a smaller AC. The pumps are all the same except for the impellers. Excluding the AC110.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2