Wiz iCube Build

Fish_wiz2

Waddup Chicago Reef! Long time reefer but a new member. Time for the build after shutting down the humble 125. Im working with a Biocube 29 i picked up used with LEDs! Time to dive into nano reefing :D Enjoy!

Specs:
Tank: 29 gallon Oceanic Biocube (old style)
Stand: Stock BC stand
Lighting: 18 Cree LED's (12 cool whites/6 royal blues)
Flow: mp10
Skimmer: Tunze 9002 w/StevieT cup
ATO: autotopoff.com dual tank mount kit w/aqualifter
Controller: Old skool Aquacontroller Jr. w/x10's

Tank taking a vinegar bath:

Tank and stand:

LEDs:

Dry-scape:

And i went from this:

More to come!

JVC

Looks like a cool build! I'll keep my eyes open since I'm going to be setting up a 24 nanocube! Do you still have the bigger tank or have you already downsized it and will have to restock the 29?

BADGUS

I would re-wire the led's,the speaker wire will not hold up,use 20gage copper wire instead.Looks good otherwise.

FishBeard

I would re-wire the led's,the speaker wire will not hold up,use 20gage copper wire instead.Looks good otherwise.
I'd leave it alone. I've done plenty of electronics projects that used whatever wire I had on-hand, several with speaker wire and they work just fine. As long as you properly adjusted your driver pucks you will be fine. The wire will outlast the leds.

Fish_wiz2

Looks like a cool build! I'll keep my eyes open since I'm going to be setting up a 24 nanocube! Do you still have the bigger tank or have you already downsized it and will have to restock the 29?
I still have it, but empty in the garage :sad: I have kept some of the livestock but most is sold.

Looks like you will be frying some corals with those lights :)
Haha, not really, they came with 5K pots and ive been messing with them every second theyre on when im around...

Thanks for the heads up Gus, i actually thought this too and have extra copper on hand, ill consider changing it when i add more LED's.

I'd leave it alone. I've done plenty of electronics projects that used whatever wire I had on-hand, several with speaker wire and they work just fine. As long as you properly adjusted your driver pucks you will be fine. The wire will outlast the leds.
Great to hear FishBeard, thanks! Ill keep whatever is already there but ill use copper when i add more.

Thanks everyone for the comments! Wiz.

Fish_wiz2

Update! Tank cycled with the aid of Bio-spira and i have all livestock in. Enjoy!

Also Mitch came through with my clowns!!!

Fish_wiz2

Some more pics:
ATO setup:

PACKED cabinet:

Media rack and tunze 9002:

My mangrove tree:

And a quick vid:

Fish_wiz2

So far my livestock consist of:

Fish:
Pair of Mitch's snowflake onyx's
Midas Blenny
Neon Dottyback
Bangaii Cardinal

Inverts:
Yellow cucumber
Fire Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp

Corals:
Neon green candy cane colony (aint lookin too hot)
Prism favia colony
Maxima clam
Corcea clam
Some zoa frags
Xenia frag
Chalice colony and frags

Cant wait till i can cram in some SPS...