Xmoji 57 Gallon Reef Tank

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
WWC Pink Passion. This beauty is really a hardy piece. Like most of my other acros this one browned out but has since bounced back and looking great. In person it has gold polyps but can’t pick up color with my photography skills.
C85927DD-2384-4087-B124-D8DA4AACFEDB.jpeg

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Ok so this is a Confetti...my second piece after the first one died. Being that it’s my second one makes it the most expensive coral I own or at least that’s the way I look at it. Anyway this one is doing a heck of a lot better than the first piece. It’s encrusting nicely and seems to have some vertical growth as well. Cant wait for it to grow up.

does anyone else have this piece? If so what kind of par are you giving it?

A0C0E16F-CE0B-404F-B544-208448F9E041.jpeg

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Ok so this is a Confetti...my second piece after the first one died. Being that it’s my second one makes it the most expensive coral I own or at least that’s the way I look at it. Anyway this one is doing a heck of a lot better than the first piece. It’s encrusting nicely and seems to have some vertical growth as well. Cant wait for it to grow up.

does anyone else have this piece? If so what kind of par are you giving it?

View attachment 3740
I have a similar sized frag of this and the red on it is like no other red acro. The pics you see of it online are real! Such a good piece.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I have a similar sized frag of this and the red on it is like no other red acro. The pics you see of it online are real! Such a good piece.
Agree, I think it’s one of the best looking acros out there! What kind of par are you giving it?

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Hey guys, wanted to post a quick update of the tank. Things are rolling along nicely today params were 0.03 ppm po4, 10-20 no3 and 8.1 dkh. I haven’t tested a while for calcium but I’m still following my regular dosing so if can’t be too far off.

Very exciting news! My GMK popped a new and it is so sweet!
BEB2B078-C457-4B13-B7C7-F79963A2BFAC.jpeg

ok so this next pic is of my blue tip sps, now I have had this piece for a long time and it’s always been a good grower and really hardy sps. But this piece has never looked this good before, my colony doesn’t even look as good as this frag. My only thought is the Orphek bar is doing its job and giving some sps pop. Now of course pic does no justice to how it looks in my tank.
CB775803-D141-458C-B5B9-CA9C2009FC7D.jpeg

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Here is an underrated sps that has freaking amazing colors, PC Rainbow. Also doesn’t need much light, actually I think this piece does better in lower light. When blasted with high par it just gets red.
B35BBAD3-F19B-44AB-B4F7-AE58777328DB.jpeg

Chase_The_Reefer

Man it’s so great to see you having success with the gmk!!!! I had mine drop out triplets I have never had that happen before now 3 baby’s and a mom I had to count twice lol

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Here’s a sweet acan. I wish I knew if this one had a name. I’m guessing it’s just a rainbow acan. Got this one as a freebie from a tck order a while back. When it came in it was the size of a pea and was only half a head. I’d say it’s done pretty well since then.
1EAF68C0-F533-47DE-8A35-D279C0495DB2.jpeg4CD465A4-EEE5-41E1-8EF7-1D7BEEC30410.jpeg3CDC2B70-B24F-4350-ADE8-958796C50D19.jpeg

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Hey everyone, I feel like I haven’t been as active on these sites lately. I hope everyone is staying healthy.

Tank is doing good. I have t been as active with my tank as much either but I have picked up some new pieces in the past couple months.

TGC Favia of the Gods
997315DB-2ACB-44F9-B425-503FAEC5825B.jpeg656C70B9-A60F-4942-A424-8C9F279C97F8.jpeg

Baby Master Scoly
98040057-9EC7-4A65-A819-E14087113FB6.jpeg

OG Mummy Eye Chalice
DC8A33B7-DC69-4065-9918-A357019D21ED.jpeg

Looney Tunes Stylo
5B60BDD8-F3B1-475E-A163-EE48DB18775A.jpeg66C82CD1-EC18-443D-971E-93391CAD813D.jpeg

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
I’m actually thinking of adding another tank. It would be a separate system but not as large as my current system and not really a frag tank. kinda in between.

I’m thinking a reef ready tank around 36x18x12. Do you guys have any tank manufacturer suggestions?

Funlad3

I’m actually thinking of adding another tank. It would be a separate system but not as large as my current system and not really a frag tank. kinda in between.

I’m thinking a reef ready tank around 36x18x12. Do you guys have any tank manufacturer suggestions?
You should play around with building one! You could get away with 1/4" glass, but 3/8" would look pretty slick.

New corals look awesome, BTW. Love the favia!

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
You should play around with building one! You could get away with 1/4" glass, but 3/8" would look pretty slick.

New corals look awesome, BTW. Love the favia!
I definitely thought about what you did but don’t think I have the skill to accomplish something like that.

Has anyone heard of Seapora tanks? They sell them at Aquarium Adventure and are affordable but wondered how their quality is.

Funlad3

I definitely thought about what you did but don’t think I have the skill to accomplish something like that.

Has anyone heard of Seapora tanks? They sell them at Aquarium Adventure and are affordable but wondered how their quality is.
Seapora is roughly the same quality as Deep Blue. They hold up fine!

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
@xmoji let me know what you come up with as I want another smaller RR tank no bigger than 55g 40 would be ideal.
So after a little bit of research I kind of like the 34 gallon Seapora. It’s dimensions are 36x18x12, it’s reef ready and has a corner overflow . Now i just need to see where I can buy in person. Not really interested in having a tank shipped to me.