Yo

MarkCios24

Does anyone know if I need to make 25 threads or just comment 25 times to post something for sale. I've used this forum for more of buying fish for my tank that is almost 3 months established. I now want to sell something and think it sort of sucks that I have to wait... :/

madjoe

Premium member
Does anyone know if I need to make 25 threads or just comment 25 times to post something for sale. I've used this forum for more of buying fish for my tank that is almost 3 months established. I now want to sell something and think it sort of sucks that I have to wait... :/
Kinda sucks that people only use this place as craigslist and no be prt of the community . Thats sucks more then u haveing to wait

jayjerk

Premium member
I think u suck for using this forum for that purpose. This is to help others and pass on valuable information not to tip junk u no longer want Craigslist is used for that. This has become an epidemic here. If your only intent is to sell use cl. If you want to help build the community participate . If I had my way 100 post and a build thread before you can sell any thing....smh

I'd give the guy a break. Maybe he wants to be active and just happens to have stuff to sell, too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think u suck for using this forum for that purpose. This is to help others and pass on valuable information not to tip junk u no longer want Craigslist is used for that. This has become an epidemic here. If your only intent is to sell use cl. If you want to help build the community participate . If I had my way 100 post and a build thread before you can sell any thing....smh
I believe that's what its coming down to unfortunately. I ask questions on here and post replies with information from experience. Most if not every time I post a question I get over 100 views on my post with only 2-3 responses? Doesn't make any sense

Pfisherman

Sometimes its hard to truly contribute, ive been a member here for a couple of years and still have a pretty low post count. When I take the time to read a thread and have the answer for a question or maybe I want to comment most of the "top ten" has already beat me to it. from the outside looking in, there is a pretty close core of users that I personally find to be very intelligent and usually I agree with most of what is said though. however if I think otherwise I tend not to comment because I dont want to offend or cause arguments, maybe others feel quite the same. All that being said there is a good reason for the minimum post count, we dont want spammers trashing the friendly forums with bogus ray bans.

tinman

however if I think otherwise I tend not to comment because I dont want to offend or cause arguments, maybe others feel quite the same. All that being said there is a good reason for the minimum post count, we dont want spammers trashing the friendly forums with bogus ray bans.
That's what the forums are actually for, to discuss :)

there are ways in which you can disagree with everyone and still not offend them. Make sure you make it clear that your intention is not to prove someone wrong but instead to prove something wrong and it will be a healthy discussion yielding new ideas and different thought process.

Pfisherman

fo sho tinny, this is also a large forum. my favorite forum was jarc until it went 99% facebook, then it was done for me. the comradeship is the biggest addiction in this hobby, a bunch of nerds dumping money into an at home biology project is so awesome to me. considering many of us didnt do our science homework lol. ima start a rebuild thread this weekend. been sucking the sand out of my mixed reef and its gonna be epic

tinman

Lolll

Drinking on a weekday night ... Now thats bad ;)

What you drinking haha

Sent from my iPhone