Yogo's updated 55 gallon.

yogoshio

Hey all. Looking for that gift certificate!!

Just to update on my tank. For one, I can now keep inverts alive [insert applause here]. I know, basic....

Anyway, I've added a few livestock, some new equipment, and more equipment on its way.

Equipment breakdown:

55 gallon AGA painted the stand black and built the canopy.

Lights: 2 24" Panorama Pro LED Modules with two UV stunners

Sump is Aqueon ProFlex, with Eshopps overflow. I just have LR rubble where the fuge normally is. I run both filter socks with carbon.

Return pump is Rio 800

JBJ ATO with Aqua Lifter. Just RODI water

I run a Rena Filstar XP3 with purigen, phosguard, and bio stars.

I have a small DIY scrubber in the same space as the return, maxijet 600 is the pump. Lights are a JBJ fuge glow and my old coralife t5 from my 20 gallon.

Skimmer is Red Sea Prizm, and works like a beast!

Inside the tank:

About 70 lbs of live sand, about 80 lbs of LR, looking to maybe get more from BRS.

2 small perculas, 1" and 1 1/4" Jim and Pam.

1 tiny clown goby, remains unnamed

1 flame angel, Gob, about 2"

1 Yellow Eyed Kole Tang, about 3 1/2," named Cole Train. (GOW fans anyone?)

I also just picked up a pink sea cucumber, which aqua pros told me would eat detritus. Lesson learned there.....

COMING SOON!!!!

On Friday, my ReefKeeper Elite will be in , and in a few months, I'll be getting BRS dosers.

Just got the lights at this point, and building the canopy.

New Paint job, and new DIY canopy!

I need to take pics of livestock. Will do that soon.

yogoshio

Thanks! I just got some power tools for Christmas from my in-laws, and had a ton of fun putting them to use :) I used to build bookshelves and small tables when I was younger as a hobby, but then high school and college and beer stole my attention away...

yogoshio

Pics of livestock! I finally got a decent shot of my kole tang. He doesn't mind being out, but I swear he knows what a camera is...

Herbie

Banned
I've been trying to figure out what your background is. Is it like a diminishing perspective underwater horizon? It looks really cool and probably helps with the depth issues inherent in a 55. Nice.

yogoshio

You are correct sir. My next tank will be a decent amount deeper and will use a black background, but for now, I really like the distant water. It does a lot for the narrow tank.

Herbie

Banned
You are correct sir. My next tank will be a decent amount deeper and will use a black background, but for now, I really like the distant water. It does a lot for the narrow tank.
Cool. the third pic could look like the ocean if not for the heater!

jcarlilesiu

I've been trying to figure out what your background is. Is it like a diminishing perspective underwater horizon? It looks really cool and probably helps with the depth issues inherent in a 55. Nice.
I agree. I typically don't like backgrounds, but that one actually looks great.

FishBeard

I'd try some of this background on my tank but that would require scraping all that darn nuisance coralline off the back glass. ;-)

yogoshio

I'd try some of this background on my tank but that would require scraping all that darn nuisance coralline off the back glass. ;-)
Hence why next tank will have black. I'm getting dosing equipment soon, and tomorrow am getting the RKE and calcium/alk/mag mixes, so I should have ample coralline myself soon!