yuma coral releasing itself from rock

cromag09

Hi, i have a yuma coral that over night decided to release itself from the rock that it was on. i have had it for a few months without any issues. it is now in the back of the tank almost in a cave, should i let it be or should i try to get it out from there? it is fully opened back there.

Cubbies

I would put it in a small container with small pieces of rock or rubble for it to attach. You don't want to let it just sit back there. Most likely you'll end up loosing it like that. It'll probably disappear. Make sure to not put it in direct flow or high flow area. It will most likely unattach itself again.

yogoshio

not too tight, but if you rubberband it to a rock it will stick in a few days. I know of people that just wait for the rubberband to break down completely, lol, but I don't do that.

Tethered_Limbs

take some rubble pieces put them in a rubbermaid with holes in it, then put the yuma in there. as long as there is basically no flow in the rubbermaid it will attach fairly quickly

madjoe

Premium member
take some rubble pieces put them in a rubbermaid with holes in it, then put the yuma in there. as long as there is basically no flow in the rubbermaid it will attach fairly quickly
+1 i did this all the time with shrooms rubber bands seem to cut em in half no matter how lose u put it

cromag09

It seemed like I had to take apart the whole tank to get to it but it is now in a rubbermaid container with rubble pieces :)

m.miller1547

Shot glass with crushed coral. If its worth taking apart rockwork to find. Rubberband will cause the yuma to split.

yogoshio

It will split if it's too tight. I and dozens of others use rubberbands loosely, and they stick fine. If it's too tight, it will cause it to split. It's actually a really easy way to frag them, lol. I'm doing it right now with an orange ric, and it's doing fine. It's loose enough it can spread easily underneath, but it's not flying around everywhere.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I've used cheesecloth for things like this. I wrap the frag and LR rubble lightly then rubber band the cheesecloth closed underneath.