Zoa or paly growout.

m.miller1547

I read about the chalice growout. I was wondering if anybody here would be interested in doing something similar. With high end zoos. Do like four different zoos. Any ideas? Thanks

FishBeard

I've seen these attempted on other sites and fail more often than succeed. Then he'll breaks loose between participants in the end it seems.

Cubbies

You are right George but it's also been successfully done. Just like the Chalice grow out you take your chances. It can all go down hill even if you have the "perfect" tank. I think it's important to choose a tank that has success with the type of coral you are growing out. I wouldn't want someone that melts zoas grow them out, you know. It's definetely a risk. On the other hand I might be down depending on the zoanthid of choosing(if I have it or not ;) and price tag.

m.miller1547

Hey cubbies. I have six blue smitten now. Over 25 fire and ice palys and awesome growth on rest. I want to start collecting high end stuff. This could be good avenue for cheap asses like me.

m.miller1547

I need more research but a quick example could be darth mauls or red, blue hornets. Buy one polyp for $50 each. Get five different varieties. Charge everyone $50. U get five high end zoas with a bit of patience.

m.miller1547

The more ppl the longer it takes obviously. All polyps will be divided equally once they all grow out. I'm think three weeks in my tank :) three months wait at most. They grow fast.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Count me in :D My zoa factory is always looking for more... LOL!!

Stay away from R2R as prices are high IMO..

Cubbies

Hey cubbies. I have six blue smitten now. Over 25 fire and ice palys and awesome growth on rest. I want to start collecting high end stuff. This could be good avenue for cheap asses like me.
You mean blue smurfs ;) Nice! How is everything else? I hope they are still around!

m.miller1547

Lol. I discovered r2r today. ****.. too high for me tho. I'm gonna put feelers out. Maybe I can get em cheaper than $250. $50 on a gamble for $250 worth. Cmon.

Cubbies

Lol. I discovered r2r today. ****.. too high for me tho. I'm gonna put feelers out. Maybe I can get em cheaper than $250. $50 on a gamble for $250 worth. Cmon.
Lol! yea not the greatest place if you are into designer stuff. If will make you go broke :p Idk what everyone would be interested in. I guess we have to come to agreement as into what everyone doesn't have.

m.miller1547

For sure. Maybe setup a poll. I'm gonna get this going. $50 is chump change. This isn't for sure, but pm me u want in and what zs and ps. Thanks guys. I'll post a list of designer polyps a lil later.

Cubbies

Oh gheez! I think this is going to be very hard for me and Dre to get into! It's gonna be hard to get some that aren't in the collection! :p Let me know what you guys want. I guarantee you I got the hook up! :a26:

salt0727

This should be fun if we can get it going. I must say that one of the zoas I like but can't pull the trigger on yet is the g-hornet.