Zoa Pox and growth discussion.

m.miller1547

I was wondering if the pox are somewhat common? Now that i know what it is and how to treat it; i realize that ive seen it before. I ran across another random zoa frag that i picked up and it had it as well. After the first dip everything is open and healthy.. im gonna do one more to be sure. Im thinking there are many people out there who give up on zoas simply because they experience no growth. I understand there are several factors that contribute to healthy zoanthids. I wanted to poke everyones brain. What do you think you do correctly to get your zoanthids to excell in your reef tank?

m.miller1547

Ill be the first one.. When they arent being attacked by the pox; i try not to touch them. I feel that the less you disrupt them the better. Also very regular water changes do wonders.

lunacris

How do you treat yours im one who has pretty much given up on them do to loosing some and noy growing this is a good thread btw thanks

m.miller1547

I never did anything till I started losing frags. Last night I dipped with furan-2 from api. It seems to have worked. A few frags need one for dip but otherwise they seem healthy. I'm gonna start dipping my zs every month with coral rx. I hope to see better colors and faster growth.