Zoas fading

Cub21rak

So about a week ago I bought a Zoa colony from Trackfast.
Here in the picture you can see the colony on the left looking really good

But over the last few days its been not looking good.
Here is a current pic

I had picked it up and shook it off from any sand or debris that has fallen on it. I've moved it a couple times and still no luck.
Advice?

theboy

Light or phosphates, check phosphates then dip them. Any signs of white spots forming? Anything eating them? Could be a whole bunch of things.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Ryan, they might just need a little more time get acclimated to the conditions in your tank. Are they just closed or are there fewer polyps? How are the colors when they're open. Please keep me updated. Thanks.

Cub21rak

I have revive should i try that?
Vic, the colors looked good. In the first pic you can see they were all opened. The ones that are currently opened still look normal. All the ones that are closed I can still see an opening so it doesn't seem to be melting all the way but they just look off. The PA also started to do similarly. Maybe half the PA looked blah. I shook them off and put them in more flow and they looking better.

Bommie

I would say check nitrate and phosphate or what i do if things start looking bad i do a water change and that usually does the trick.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I would dip them in the Revive; it couldn't hurt. Maybe try placing them in a different spot too.

jm23

I would say check nitrate and phosphate or what i do if things start looking bad i do a water change and that usually does the trick.
Could be the difference in tank parameters that they are getting used to. If they don't look like they are melting I would give it a few days and increase flow where they are to help prevent algae from forming on the closed polyps.

Milhouse

Premium member
I would dip them. I get bristle worms in mine from time to time and it irritates them. I dip in fresh ro/di for 5 minutes or so and shake them vigorously once or twice in that time. Its amazing the crap that falls off.

plus 1 on dipping them! I had that problem before when my zoas start to close up. I dipped them in coral rx and it opens right back up. There were little white things that jump off of the zoas when I dip them.

plus 1 on dipping them! I had that problem before when my zoas start to close up. I dipped them in coral rx and it opens right back up. There were little white things that jump off of the zoas when I dip them.
+1000

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Cub21rak

Today it looks like a little more have opened but looks more to go. I think today I'm going to go ahead and dip in revive later today. The instructions say 4 caps for 1 gallon but I'm not doing 1 gallon worth. I'm prob doing half or 25% of that.
What's everyone's experience with best amount of time to let it stay in the mix and I think it says to stir the water around some so is that a must do to make the dip effective?
Here's a pic of it todayView attachment 1349

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Glad they're looking better. I would dip for five minutes and definitely stir the dip a little. That will help dislodge and hitchhikers.