Zoas

Cubano32

Premium member
So I been slowly starting to collect zoas in the attempt to grow out and start a garden.. stopped by Blue Line Coral today before the game and picked up some super nice pieces. As always great prices for the amount of polyps I got on each of these frags.. highly recommend a visit to that store..

I know it's still only a LPS and Softy store and hope they do branch out to SPS but still great store..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Codeman28

That's all I look for now, rarely do I pick other pieces up.. love the colors and morphs you can get from a single colony.

Cubano32

Premium member
That's all I look for now, rarely do I pick other pieces up.. love the colors and morphs you can get from a single colony.
Yea exactly now it's time to start dropping $$ on harder to find morphs it looking forward to it...I can't seem to find a bright yellow anywhere

Codeman28

I don't see alot of yellows.. aquapro recently had some nice zoa's. $10pp.. I picked some pink krakatoas. If you ever want to do group buy or a grow out comp let me know.

Cubano32

Premium member
I don't see alot of yellows.. aquapro recently had some nice zoa's. $10pp.. I picked some pink krakatoas. If you ever want to do group buy or a grow out comp let me know.
Yea for sure I would be down for a group buy ..I personally don't really try and go for those crazy named zoas just cause you are paying for the name in my opinion..but like the frag I got that looks similar to the fire and ice zoa I got all that for $10 all these frags where $10 each even the middle frag with 25+ polyps was 10...I can't see myself spending crazy money on frags based on per polyp but that's just me lol

Cubano32

Premium member
Any site you recommend to look for zoas at

Codeman28

There are a bunch of site, but the prices are $$$, it's pretty stupid. I tend to just look at the sites to get an idea of what's out there..95% of the time you can pick the same colors up from fellow reefs that just like the colors and not the names... supposedly there is a guy out in Yorkville that has a bunch of zoa all the colors of the rainbow. Haven't made over to his place yet.

Cubano32

Premium member
There are a bunch of site, but the prices are $$$, it's pretty stupid. I tend to just look at the sites to get an idea of what's out there..95% of the time you can pick the same colors up from fellow reefs that just like the colors and not the names... supposedly there is a guy out in Yorkville that has a bunch of zoa all the colors of the rainbow. Haven't made over to his place yet.
Yea Jim I been to his place a few times yes he does have alot of zoas for about $10 deff nice pieces I suggest you make it out that way

Mpdan

Premium member
Picked these up from Kush Corals for $20 pretty nice yellow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mpdan

Premium member
Those are very nice, if you ever frag let me know
It will be a while it's only 2 heads right now. Also, I recently tried my hand at fragging some zoas and I was unsuccessful lol. Maybe I'll get my nerve up again.

Cubano32

Premium member
It will be a while it's only 2 heads right now. Also, I recently tried my hand at fragging some zoas and I was unsuccessful lol. Maybe I'll get my nerve up again.

I just fragged my first zoas a few weeks back everything is doing good for me...how did you do yours

Mpdan

Premium member
Nice those are nice but I'll stick to my $10 zoas with like 20+ polyps lol

Lol I feel you. I don't like spending a lot on small frags either. Sometimes...

Mpdan

Premium member
I just fragged my first zoas a few weeks back everything is doing good for me...how did you do yours

That's great. I cut them off of the rock and glued them to a plug. I should have cut a few more heads and maybe left them on the sand bed. Luckily the ones I cut I have a bunch of growth from the original piece.

Cubano32

Premium member
That's great. I cut them off of the rock and glued them to a plug. I should have cut a few more heads and maybe left them on the sand bed. Luckily the ones I cut I have a bunch of growth from the original piece.

Oh ok ...Yea I just cut mine off the plug and out the new cut on new discs...and put the discs in the sandbed