2023 Chalice grow out

What chalice would you guys like for the competition?

• CC Cloudberries

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Cherry garica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WWC Stellaria

• TCK Bella's

• TCK Rimless Watermenon

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • OG Purple Urkle

• Tyree Pink Watermelon

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
Nothing here, actually I lost a ton of color on mine. With the help of @Chase_The_Reefer I realized my salinity was off. Made some adjustments and it’s looking puffier but color is still bad. :cautious:
How bad was salinity off? Mines riding a little high about 1.027 along with my nitrates and phosphates are pretty high at 45 and .5. Been trying to get those down slowly as well. I believe all of this is contributing to my slow growth.

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
On top of that my alk dropped to 6.6 not sure why or if it is testing error but I try to run at 7.8 so way off along with calcium at 500 so I definitly have some parameters off

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
Nothing here, actually I lost a ton of color on mine. With the help of @Chase_The_Reefer I realized my salinity was off. Made some adjustments and it’s looking puffier but color is still bad. :cautious:
What are your nutrient levels like also because I’ve seen this happen from low nutrients, and too bright of lights as well obviously chalice corals like a little dirtier water lower lights then most

SkunkerX

So we are one month in and we have a total of 10 corals so we have three pieces left @ $100 buy in and with 5 months left there is still plenty of time to join and for the chalice to grow!!! See the main post for prize money for number of participants. Come on peoples this is a beautiful coral and we got a good price so the payout will be nice going to the top 3!!!! And if you dont come in the top 3 you still got a nice chalice well worth the $100 buy in.

xmoji

Eat, Sleep, Reef
Here’s my updated pic. Looks like I’m heading in the right direction but it’s an uphill battle.

Come people if you join in on this you’ll automatically have a better chance of winning than me! Lol

9D442D3A-46A8-4F31-B0DB-00C1B47C6355.jpeg

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
Here’s my updated pic. Looks like I’m heading in the right direction but it’s an uphill battle.

Come people if you join in on this you’ll automatically have a better chance of winning than me! Lol

View attachment 9499
One of the chalice that are left has taken off in growth I would guess it’s probably one of the largest of them all now. I almost want to throw another 100$ in the pot to buy it and have 2 for the sure win at a prize :)