93 gallon rimless cube build

Soooo I've decided to say heck with it and give up my freshwater tank to do a 93 cube display in my family room... Here goes nothing!

Tank : 93 gallon rimless
Stand 48x30x34 home made trimmed 2x4 stand
Skimmer : reef octopus 150
Sump: custom build from William lutman
Return pump : got a life guard aquatics quiet one 4000 on sale from drfosters smith with free freight
Lighting : coral compulsion led 3ch programmable 24" fixture
Heater: jäger 200 watt
Reef controller: apex deluxe kit with lab grade ph probe and a leak sensor so far
Brs gfo deluxe

Just need to decide whether to do live or dry rock and where to get it from..

I'm new to salt always looking for tips. Here's where I'm at as of today

Pics

Tethered_Limbs

looking good, i believe poidog just posted a reactor for sale. cant go wrong with a eheim return pump.

nice car in the back, that is one clean garage.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
looks good so far. I've only heard good things about Nano Sea but have you looked at William Lutman's stuff? He's a member here and has a FS thread of some of his stuff.

DD

"Rambo"
Looks good so far Glenn!

As far as controllers go, you can't go wrong with an Apex. Very customizable. Once you get through the networking part so that you can access the controller from your phone, the rest is fairly straightforward. Best part is, Neptune's customer service is top notch!

Looking forward to the rest of the built. I really like the footprint of that tank!

Almost finished up stand today just need to make and router the top... My friend in az is making me some custom doors at his wood shop and gonna ship them to me this week :) add a little base trim and some casing and were done... Not sure wether I should paint it black or stai. It dark. Input ???

Also I'm going to paint the back of the tank black...

Looking into overflow... Anyone have any experience on how quiet the stock setup is or should I ditch it and do something else like a herbie with the 3/4" return as a safety? I can drill a new return I'm not scared of drilling the glass

Updated purchased equipment list looking for suggestions on where to buy rock and sand reasonably. Locally or online.. Took advantage of the brs 10x points deals today and have a nice store credit from the apex unit :)

frostyjay1

Really digging the car. Aquapros always has great dry rock. Good prices too

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Stand all varnished and stained top cut for overflow tubing and bottom edge painted time to router the outside edges tomorrow and paint the top black... Was thinking of putting granite on it to make the tank look recessed into the stand... Thoughts?

Trim all painted black

Equipment and a few lbs of various dry rock from BRS.. Custom built William lutman sump and ato res

Waiting for the paint to dry. Not sure how much I like the doors I routered up... :-/ soo I may consult a professional to make me some

DanSreef

Premium member
Dang.,...that is one sweet looking stand..... Your tank is going to look awesome on that Glenn!!!

Tagging along to watch this come together!

Thanks guys I'm by no means a finish carpenter or any type of woodworker It was my first time with a router lol I'm picky though and the indentations from a few screws are showing on the top even after the filler looks like ill need to fill it again tomorrow and re paint the top. Gonna start routing plumbing and attach doors as well.

madjoe

Premium member
Looks good man. How big is that garage looks like heaven to me and i wouldnt want to leave.