alk dosing

xj_matt

Premium member
So I did the math on my tank, alk was at 9.3 dkh after the water Chang and 6 days later my alk is at 7.2 dkh so that is the consumption of 2.1dkh when dividing that up in to 6 days that is 0.35 dkh per day my question is how much alk do I need to be adding in milliliters

maidia

Team CR
You need to dose cal and alk to raise both little up slowly, do not chase number so fast. If you dose alk only then cal will drop and other way around.

Last edited:

xj_matt

Premium member
You need to dose cal and alk to raise both little up slowly, do not chase number so fast. If you dose alk only then cal will drop and other way around.
I do understand that, what I am trying to figure out is how much each day I need to add to keep it steady

maidia

Team CR
I dose equal amount (long ago - now I use CAL reactor) 120ml divide 4 times a day for both Cal and Alk in the SPS 120 gallon tank also I dose 10ml Mag a day to balance the Cal and Alk.

Sorry forgot plus 40 gallon sump.

Last edited:

ColaAddict

+1. I dose 150ml of both alk and cal using a doser in divided doses everyday. Using a doser. Dose in my sump x 10 divided doses of each. Don't mix them, will cause precipitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe5688

Get your self a marine magic doser. You'll never look back. I dose I think 55ml of alk and 70ml of calcium a day. I have the doses divided and it doses each every hour for 24 hours.

xj_matt

Premium member
Get your self a marine magic doser. You'll never look back. I dose I think 55ml of alk and 70ml of calcium a day. I have the doses divided and it doses each every hour for 24 hours.
I'll be getting doseing pumps in 2 weeks when I feet paid just need to do it by hand right now and figure out what to add each day

xj_matt

Premium member
So according to my math I'll send adding 2.9ml of alk a day to keep up with demand in my tank seems kinda low doesn't it?

SkullV

So according to my math I'll send adding 2.9ml of alk a day to keep up with demand in my tank seems kinda low doesn't it?
I didn't do the math for your tank, but that's probably about right. Seachem reef fusion is significantly more concentrated than most other 2 parts out there. With 30ish SPS frags in my 40 breeder and a pretty good growth rate I'm only at 5ml a day of reef fusion.

xj_matt

Premium member
I didn't do the math for your tank, but that's probably about right. Seachem reef fusion is significantly more concentrated than most other 2 parts out there. With 30ish SPS frags in my 40 breeder and a pretty good growth rate I'm only at 5ml a day of reef fusion.
Kool ty for the info I have a 37 gallon and it had about 30+sps not counting much monti caps

SkullV

Kool ty for the info I have a 37 gallon and it had about 30+sps not counting much monti caps
Yep, it would be normal to be right around where your calculations put you then (pending growth rate). As growth increased due to stability and whatever coral crack seachem puts in the reef fusion (look it up on this forum, I've been recommending it for years) your dosing level will go up. I would try your 2.9ml per day for 3 days and test again to make sure you are where you should be, then adjust accordingly. Also keep in mind that you don't need to dose Mg with reef fusion as it is contained in part 1.

xj_matt

Premium member
I just dosed my tank when would be good to check my tank to see what it raises the alk and ca to its around 30g no sump