allens damsel question

anybody ever have these bright blue fish? i have one in my tank(30 gallon ) are they as aggressive as other damsels, i just added him yesterday, can i add another one in the next couple days, or will they fight too much because i didnt add them at the same time. sorry for the newbie question, ive never seen this fish before. so far to me he has the same demeanor as a green chromis, but just wondering if anyone has some advice/experience

Smith11

its a bad idea to have more than one damsel at all imo. I had a school of four, 3 weeks later i had one.

gomery12

damsels are very territorial and should be the last fish if added to your tank. I had to move mine to a different tank because he did not like the new wrasse i added and chased him all over making him jump the overflow and take a trip to the sock! Damsel is now with a clown goby, getting along great!.

Wojtek

Premium Sponsor
Actually Allen's damsels are the most peaceful damsells out there. You should be ok adding it, however it is always recommended to introduce them all at once.

I had 8 of them in my 220, and added 8 more 2 weeks later with no problems. So far I don't see any aggression problems. Beautiful fish!

We've got a few left at Coral Reef if you can't find one in your area.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
In a 30gal you will be asking for trouble.. They will become very territorial once the 2nd one is added. They should have been added together! I somehow managed to add 3 types of damsels in my 75gal with plenty of hiding spaces for them to take over (200LBS of rock).. Some members say my tank is very shocking on the amount of aggressive fish I have and they get along very well..

So if you take the risk as many others do.. Get ready to break down to catch this fish once you see him kicking a$$..lol!!