Any clownfish breeders here?

Chase_The_Reefer

As the title states I want to try and breed and raise my first clutch of clowns and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience and tips?

Unico

I did before but stopped too much work!but maybe I'll start again!
I got rotifers last week so I have to start again soon 😄....
One important thing of breeding fish is to read read and read and then read ...
Everyone in breeding have his way so you have to find your way!

Chase_The_Reefer

Yea I have one pair that I’ve had for about 8 months now. How old or when do I know they are ready to be put into a setup for them to breed.

Pawel

Premium member
Check out "robert king’s clownfish" on facebook. You can learn how to breed clownfish, he has lots of videos and livestreams.

Last edited:

Chicagoreefs

Administrator
Staff member
I've bred all sort of clownfish and still do. The most important thing to do is to make sure you can cultivate rotifers. I recommend having 2 5 gallon buckets of them. Once you can grow them effectively then I would try to raise larvae. Clownfish larvae demolish rotifers 1000's a day per fish. Most people try to get their pairs to lay eggs on a tile or ceramic pot. Something removable. Hatching them in the larvae tank is way easier than catching them in the main tank. You will also have better success. Once they hatch then its basically feeding and daily water changes. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help

Chase_The_Reefer

Thanks!
I've bred all sort of clownfish and still do. The most important thing to do is to make sure you can cultivate rotifers. I recommend having 2 5 gallon buckets of them. Once you can grow them effectively then I would try to raise larvae. Clownfish larvae demolish rotifers 1000's a day per fish. Most people try to get their pairs to lay eggs on a tile or ceramic pot. Something removable. Hatching them in the larvae tank is way easier than catching them in the main tank. You will also have better success. Once they hatch then its basically feeding and daily water changes. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help
Thanks I’m working on my setup rn time to see if my pair will lay if they start then I will set up the colony’s and go from there hopefully I will be able to raise some successfully but rn I’m just wanting them to lay eggs. Fingers crossed I will keep y’all updated on my progress