Any one going to Aquatic Experience

adam87

I saw the Zero Edge Sumps too when I was there. Very nice sumps.
I got alot of free food too.

dkm

I'm planning on going this Sunday, anything particular to pay close attention to? I try to restrain myself from going to these things, I always end up with a car full of goodies in exchange for a lighter wallet.

Xx__xX

Had a blast going. Arrived at 1:00 PM and took us all that time to go through the show and went back to pick up couple frags we passed on. Really enjoyed the variety of Fresh & Saltwater. Plenty of saltwater live stock to go around, Meant to go back to look at Jason Fox stuff but got tired up in the raffles (5:45 PM). Was not lucky enough to win.

Everyone should go check out the show out, Well worth going.

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
Just a couple thoughts and points of interest for the show. If you are bringing kids definitely take them back by the concessions, there is an 8ft shallow tank that has smaller sharks and a variety of other things. Yesterday they were allowing children to hold the sharks in their hand.

If you have been wanting a new reef tank this would be a great opportunity to pick one up. A lot of the manufacturers do not want to have to take these display tanks back with them. I spoke with several vendors who were more than motivated to see the tanks sold. Check out the DSA tank booth, they have a nice shallow reef half circle reef setup. I was tempted to buy it but the overflow box not being centered on the back wall messes with my sense of balance. DFW has some really nice rimless tanks that come with tank, stand, sump, and plumbing. Seeing tank manufacturers at the show afforded me the opportunity to easily compare the quality of work amongst them all. One thing I have always looked for when comparing tanks or before purchasing a tank is the alignment of the glass. I do not understand how some manufacturers come in at a high price point but cannot align their glass properly. The caulking of the joints is an animal within itself. Glass Cages has a booth reminding us that you get what you pay for. Deep Blue has a large booth if adjustable weirs and corner overflows are your cup of tea.

It is not my intention to force my opinion on anyone. Just take the opportunity to compare. Your clownfish won't notice the glass not being aligned. Your floor however will notice when the tank you just bought came from recycled glass shelves held together by a caulk job that has no sense of quality control.

Joe5688

Dammit I forgot to take a selfie. Me and the wife were there in our Chicago reefs shirts representing! Lol

jrpark22000

Premium member
Writeup on the conclusion of this years event.

http://www.reef2rainforest.com/2014/11/20/aquatic-experience-chicago-2014-reels-in-more-than-4800-guests/

Aquatic Experience – Chicago 2014 reels in more than 4,800 guests

The Florida Tropical Fish Farmers Association display of over 130 tanks at Aquatic Experience - Chicago 2014. Image by Dan Woudenberg/LuCorp Marketing for the World Pet Association.Second annual show with “everything aquatic under one roof” reports 52% increase in exhibitors up to 125

CHICAGO (November 18, 2014)—The World Pet Association (WPA) is thrilled to announce more than 4,800 guests visited its second annual Aquatic Experience – Chicago, November 7-9, 2014, at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center. Additionally, the number of show exhibitors increased 52% up to 125. Throughout the weekend, over $9,700 was raised in an on-site raffle to benefit PIJAC Marine Defense Fund, the Coral Restoration Foundation and Pets in the Classroom, with nearly $2,000 in additional funds raised for Pets in the Classroom through the Betta Toss ball game.

Plans are already underway for the third Aquatic Experience – Chicago set to take place on November 6-8, 2015. For more information, contact the World Pet Association at 626-447-2222.

At Aquatic Experience – Chicago 2014 a total of 125 exhibitors (65 of which were new to the show) filled the thriving show floor, showcasing the latest in aquatic trends and products alongside local and national hobbyist groups, livestock and equipment experts, and the industry’s best and trend-setting manufacturers. This year’s show hosted two inaugural aquatic competitions: the Aquascaping Live! Contest presented by the Aquatic Gardeners Association and sponsored by Fluval, and the Aquatic Experience Fancy Guppy Competition presented by the International Fancy Guppy Association. Other new exhibits included a display of over 130 aquariums of tropical fish from the Florida Tropical Fish Farmers Association and a Children’s Touch Tank as part of the Fish from Around the World display. Guests also learned from the best in the industry as they attended seminars featuring high-profile speakers such as Newport Aquarium’s Zoological Operations Manager Jeff Gibula, who gave the Saturday keynote presentation in partnership with Shedd Aquarium.

“We’re incredibly pleased to have exceeded our own expectations as well as the expectations of the vendors, retailers and consumers with this year’s turnout,” said WPA President Doug Poindexter. “The desire for this type of all-aquatics show has become clear, and we look forward to continuing to provide a show where both sophisticated hobbyists and new aquarium keepers can be inspired and supported.”

The Aquatic Experience Fancy Guppy Competition participants competed over seven categories including fish type, color and gender. A total of $1,500 dollars in prize money and certificates was awarded, including first place winners John Flack, Ron Kelley, Alan Bias, Bryan Chin and Tim Mousseau. The Aquascaping Live! Contest participants competed in two categories (small or large tank) for $3,900 dollars in prize money and certificates. First place winners in the large tank category were Jen Williams, Arlene Wagner, Nick Kinser and Cristy Keister; first place in the small tank category went to Jen Williams.

Aquatic Experience – Chicago was made possible in part by Gold Sponsors Aqueon, Fluval, Hikari Sales USA, Inc. and Segrest Farms; Silver Sponsors DAS Aquariums, Deep Blue Professional, DrTim’s Aquatics, Quality Marine, San Francisco Bay Brand, Seachem Laboratories, Two Little Fishies and United Pet Group, Inc.; and Media Partners Pet Product News International, Tropical Fish Hobbyist and Blue Zoo Radio.

The World Pet Association (WPA) is the oldest industry organization promoting responsible growth and development of the companion pet and related products and services. WPA works to inform and educate the general public in order to ensure safe and healthy lifestyles for our animal friends. WPA is the host of America’s Family Pet Expo, the world’s largest consumer pet and pet products expo, held annually in Costa Mesa, California. The organization also produces SuperZoo, an annual pet industry trade show that showcases a comprehensive collection of exhibits and offers a variety of informative educational seminars, and Atlanta Pet Fair, the Southeast’s largest competition and trade show for the professional pet stylist. For more information, please visit www.worldpetassociation.org.