Apex Temp Probe - Calibration

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
So today I added another PM1 + 2nd Temp probe to my main display and to my amazement, my sump was at 78.3 and tank was at 79.5. I was a little thrown off that there was that much variation and that my sump temp probe which is down stream from my heaters was colder than the tank.

So, I dropped my Thermohydrometer in both areas of the tank along with a second source (a kitchen digital meat thermometer which happened to match my home thermostat at room temp) in and both of those sources = 77.2-77.4 F.

Needless to say, I never even thought about having to calibrate my Apex Thermometer, but I did indeed. They were about 1.2 degrees off from each other and another 1-2.2 degrees off from what I believe is the actual temperature based on multiple sources.

If you haven't yet, check your Apex Temp probe!

BRS TV Apex Temp Probe Calibration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET7Whbv5_Sg

#theMatrix

When i installed my rk i also calibrated the itemp probe to a lab grade temp probe
This is good practice in general not just apex

Rcunning8

Premium member
Apex temp probes always come uncalibrated and can read 1-3 degrees off!! Same thing happened when I bought new temp probe for pm2 salinity I ended up having to buy three extra thermometers in order to calibrate the way Ryan from brs has u do it. So annoying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk