Aquapros in chicago

I just thought I'd share my experience. After reading all the good things about this store on here I decided to take a trip to Chicago. Me and my family packed up and went to Chicago. I called them on Friday because I've been on the look out for a sunburst anemone and lucky me they had one in stock. I told the guy who I was talking to,(Wich turned out to be the owner) that I'm driving 4 hours to go there to get it, so I asked him is there anyway they would hold it?, he right away said yes no problem. That was pretty amazing to me because he was just relying off my word. So me and my family packed up Saturday morning and went to Chicago. We got there right when they were opening. I met the guys there working and they took me over to the other building to meet the owner. So we talked for a little bit, showed me the anemone, Wich was amazing, bagged it up and started looking around at all there other live stock. I couldn't believe there prices. They were like frag swap prices to me and where I'm from. They also had lots of selection of sps's and clams. I could of spend a long time there looking around. I wish here in Indiana our prices were like that. So all in all it was a very good experience. I'd give it a 5 out of 5. One of the best stores I've been in.

enzo1028

Premium member
I just thought I'd share my experience. After reading all the good things about this store on here I decided to take a trip to Chicago. Me and my family packed up and went to Chicago. I called them on Friday because I've been on the look out for a sunburst anemone and lucky me they had one in stock. I told the guy who I was talking to,(Wich turned out to be the owner) that I'm driving 4 hours to go there to get it, so I asked him is there anyway they would hold it?, he right away said yes no problem. That was pretty amazing to me because he was just relying off my word. So me and my family packed up Saturday morning and went to Chicago. We got there right when they were opening. I met the guys there working and they took me over to the other building to meet the owner. So we talked for a little bit, showed me the anemone, Wich was amazing, bagged it up and started looking around at all there other live stock. I couldn't believe there prices. They were like frag swap prices to me and where I'm from. They also had lots of selection of sps's and clams. I could of spend a long time there looking around. I wish here in Indiana our prices were like that. So all in all it was a very good experience. I'd give it a 5 out of 5. One of the best stores I've been in.
You should be happy you live that far from them, I live 5 minutes from there and it's so dangerous for my wallet!

aregen120

Great place good people and great prices. Everything I pick up open up right away. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

danp

Great place, as usual doing business with Dave is a pleasure. Picked up few frags, some snails, all looking really good. Wish they were closer (wifey would not be happy though...)

Joesfiddy

There is no competing with this store they blow everyone out of the water with pricing. I really can't buy at any other store now cause I feel like I'm getting ripped off. He hooks me up clams for 35 and I picked up 2 hippo tangs for 55 for 2 total.

Danieldv6

55? For 2?hmm

- - - Updated - - -

There is no competing with this store they blow everyone out of the water with pricing. I really can't buy at any other store now cause I feel like I'm getting ripped off. He hooks me up clams for 35 and I picked up 2 hippo tangs for 55 for 2 total.
55 for 2?hmm

Joesfiddy

I dunno if he hooked me up since I go there every weekend and drop at least a 100$. But yeah 2 for 55$ they were small but great deal.

Fish_wiz2

Dave and his buddy are definitely good folks. Back when he was trying to get his business going, deals were to be made. If you think the prices now are good.... Back when it was that tiny store in the back of the old building and you had cash, everything was a steal. But to see how fast it has grown is amazing.

trackfast

Princess Trainer
My "go to" store: I was there yesterday for copepods. They don't mention the live copepods that often but it's nice to have a local place carry them.

harmon6565

I'm a big fan of that store also, luckily it's the first store I went to after getting back into the hobby. If they're prices stay fair, It's the only place I will need to go.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

goatous

Did Aquapro's get bought out by ProReefCorals?
"ProReefCorals, formerly know as Aquapros(now our service department), is located in the wonderful Chicago Suburb of the Village of Glen Ellyn."

jrpark22000

Premium member
Did Aquapro's get bought out by ProReefCorals?
"ProReefCorals, formerly know as Aquapros(now our service department), is located in the wonderful Chicago Suburb of the Village of Glen Ellyn."
They are essentially one in the same. Dave runs both our of the same storefront. I don't remember the details of which name is sales and which is service.

Crued

They are essentially one in the same. Dave runs both our of the same storefront. I don't remember the details of which name is sales and which is service.
I believe Aquapros is the service end of things and ProReefCorals is the retail store.

From their website, "ProReefCorals, formerly know as Aquapros(now our service department), is located in the wonderful Chicago Suburb of the Village of Glen Ellyn. We are located at 500-510 Pennsylvania Avenue in Glen Ellyn, IL. Our goal here at ProReefCorals, is to get our customers the most desirable livestock coming through the U.S" http://www.proreefcorals.com/

I still call it Aquapros though, and their facebook page still says the same.

Either way they are my primary shop for pretty much everything.

Acuapros not in Chicago very miss leading

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
If you are talking to anyone outside of this state or country then yes it is. But either way, it's in the Greater Chicago area, aka the Chicago suburbs, so it qualifies. Even the original poster of the thread, is not from Chicago, but said they were taking a day trip to Chicago, and were going to visit Aquapros. So the store is clearly close enough to qualify as Chicago.