Aquarium Adventure 50% off this weekend

poidog

I has to take the MINI to the dealer today for maintenance, so while I was in Schaumburg I made the rounds of the LFS. Aquarium Adventure was having a 50% off livestock sale. It was packed and the tanks were packed too. I felt bad for the fish as they were being kept in gross tanks and bought by people who would probably not be even to care for them. They even had an orange spot file fish! And it was a beauty. If I had a small tank laying around I would of set it up just to rescue that fish for $20.

On a side note, stopped at advanced aquatics, boy that place has gone downhill. Beyond the reef had some nice fish, but they were pricy. They had some nice zoas and a couple Tahitian maximas too.

Wildisme

Tanks r packed. But just for 2 days or so. I work at the Bolingbrook store and posted about the sale but it was removed.

We bring in a lot of fish n they are gone over weekend. Some of us care and I have denied people sales if their systems aren't setup correctly or too small.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I work at the Bolingbrook store and posted about the sale but it was removed.
It's okay for members to talk about lfs's as long as they don't work there. If they do then they are supposed to be a sponsor to advertise here.

DanSreef

Premium member
I was at Advanced last weekend and you are right Eric....it has gone down hill in a big way. The owner was trying to sell me some little tiny frags of some acros...for some ungodly price. I can't remember the exact name...but it was a greenish flesh and yellow polyps. The frags were so small that you would have literally laughed. ...as I did...at the price.

The rest of the shop looked like crap....which is too bad. I really have no idea how he can afford to stay open.

saltymike

I was at the Aquarium adventure in Bolingbrook last weekend and couldn't believe how nasty the tanks were. In my opinion, they shouldn't be selling livestock. It seemed like most of the fish had ick too. I really wanted to pick up some crabs, snails, etc but I wouldn't risk putting anything from that store into my tank.