Back after 15 years

Rich

Hi my name is Rich I have just started a new build. This is my first although I have had small and simple salt water aquariums awhile back. I have many questions about setting up a aquarium most mechanical so far. This is a 180 build I started with the cabinet frame and the drilling of the glass for a ghost overflow ( I think that’s what it’s called) This build so far has been a challenge both in time and mistakes. The mistakes no big deal the time I have none but that will change. Cheers65796580658165826584

Bommie

You dont have a center brace going parallel (top to bottom). Is that wood 2x4?. Maybe its just me, but looks a little on the (crinch) . I built my own stand just like yours (150gal). I didn't add a center brace because I wanted the bottom to be fully open. But to help the weight of the stand I reinforced the frame where the tank sits, screwing two 2x4 together.

Sent from my SM-A600AZ using Tapatalk

Rich

Hi thx for the welcome Quicksilver, Patel, 11fishjones, Bommie. It took awhile to get back (several days) I work to much I am not allowed any electronics or internet at work for security reasons. That translates to communication almost a snails pace.

Bommie thx for the info. The stand frame is 2x6s with 2x4s in corners used to attach 2x6 legs with screws. I do have the center braces cut but not installed two reasons 1. An open area to until sump is in place. 2. I was not sure if I needed them but incorporated them into the design. I agree the extra support is always great.

Smitty

Premium member
Welcome back to the hobby. It's looking good so far.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ikaros70

Looking good.
I’m in the same boat, after my tank crashing and losing everything years ago, I finally have it back up and running.
Keep up the good work, looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk