Blonde naso

madjoe

Premium member
Anybody ever keep these f in fish alive this my fifth one all bought fat all eating everything . Then one day they stop eating and week later dead i treated this one for internals and he poops brown hell he was eating great at 10 pm last night got home today hes just chillen on one side of tank not swimming much but not laying on ground. And has no interest in food saw this 4 times before never ends good . Am i missing something. All other fish r great all parameters r in check and fish safe i have sensitive fish that r doing great what am I freaking missing with these bastards no matter what this my last one i might as well toos my money in toliet will save me the heart break

chewal

Premium member
That sucks I wonder if they are being caught using cyanide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

fishtank44

Try to feed it with raw shrimp every 2 days for sure you knew its need a lot of algae ,I got one before in bigger tank around 10". Sorry to hear that buddy.

madjoe

Premium member
That sucks I wonder if they are being caught using cyanide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Thats my thought since all bought at uw and all dieing same way

- - - Updated - - -

How long did you have this fish? I assume no external signs of anything?
I don't remember lol ive bought so many. No external signs hes fat as hell still ate 10pm last night . Only thing i didnt do was fw dip for flukes

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to hear.. Aggressive fish?
Nah hes king of castle nobody ever messes with him

Sounds like cyanide poisoning. You can make fun of me for buying fish from Petco, but I've not lost a single fish from there (5 total).

SteveV

I have one for 6 months with a Yellow and Sailfin. I did add him last but turned lights off for a day after feeding the YT and SF.. The YT and SF are tough but all get along now. Did you have a lot of hiding places. Mine hid for a good month and only came out to eat. They are really cool fish. Especially when all the yellow markings come out.

madjoe

Premium member
I have one for 6 months with a Yellow and Sailfin. I did add him last but turned lights off for a day after feeding the YT and SF.. The YT and SF are tough but all get along now. Did you have a lot of hiding places. Mine hid for a good month and only came out to eat. They are really cool fish. Especially when all the yellow markings come out.
He never hide he kinda slept in front of tank none the fish fought theres not a scratch on him. Hell he ate out of my hand half hr after in tank any ways five dieing same way has to be way they were caught

madjoe

Premium member
Sounds like cyanide poisoning. You can make fun of me for buying fish from Petco, but I've not lost a single fish from there (5 total).
I wont buy from petco and i know u order yours and i dont order fish and put em in the mail. Its probably poisoning but cant prove it either so that gets me no where . Most my fish come from two lfs ap and uw and i dont loose many fish i bought finicky fish from there it definitely seems to be just the dam nasos im having issues with

gonebad395

How high is your alk joe I've read a few places they don't like high alk. Don't know how true but any lead is worth reading about.

madjoe

Premium member
How high is your alk joe I've read a few places they don't like high alk. Don't know how true but any lead is worth reading about.
Not sure i will check tomorrow i bought all new test kits but havent even open uet since i dont have corals yet . Just kicked t5s on and added some pods to fuge might add few test pieces this weekend

gonebad395

Not sure i will check tomorrow i bought all new test kits but havent even open uet since i dont have corals yet . Just kicked t5s on and added some pods to fuge might add few test pieces this weekend
Right on man I just read about the alk in a few spots might be worth a look hope it helps man

carpetreef75

Premium member
got my 2 Nasos from Underwater and they were quarter size and are now 10 " + since day 1 romain, seaweed, and jumbo mysis ... they eat like pigs and would eat 24/7 if i kept feeding them ..
Bryan

madjoe

Premium member
got my 2 Nasos from Underwater and they were quarter size and are now 10 " + since day 1 romain, seaweed, and jumbo mysis ... they eat like pigs and would eat 24/7 if i kept feeding them ..
Bryan
Yea they ate great i think they got a bad batch cause hes not eating now stupid dam thing

- - - Updated - - -

Right on man I just read about the alk in a few spots might be worth a look hope it helps man
Alks fine 8.4

SteveV

I bought two fish from Petco and both died. Big battle with the store in Lake Zurich. They wouldn't honor the policy.. Said it didn't apply for saltwater fish. Sign did not say anything about only freshwater. Anyhow, probably cyanide..

SteveV

Agree with Kevin, Cyanide.. Petco gets a lot of there fish from the Philippines.. Heard they use cyanide a lot there... Bought two fish from Petco.. Never again! Learned the hard way...

SteveV

Where did you guys read about high ALK may be issues? I have mine at around 12-13. High side but now concerned.