Blonde naso

madjoe

Premium member
Well i got home it wasnt doing so good his ass was red like blood . So i caught him with hand and fw dipped him just to check for flukes none came off he didnt survive the dip . Wasnt internals belly was full of undigested romain lettuce dont ask how i know u dont need the details and his liver was blue again dont ask details . On another note my dam new wrasse only had few days and my dumb ass didnt qt it was scratching ?*♂ Well i was able catch his ass with net and fw dipped like 100 flukes came off i have pics to show im not exaggerating sob idk the odds of my other fish getting flukes now was only few days last time i dosed prazi nothing good came out of it killed all my pods ugh what to do now i hate this dam hobby . So people fw dip all your dam fish btw the tang and wrasse from dif lfs

- - - Updated - - -

Btw that was the second container i had to switch containers so i can see if they were done coming off

Agree with Kevin, Cyanide.. Petco gets a lot of there fish from the Philippines.. Heard they use cyanide a lot there... Bought two fish from Petco.. Never again! Learned the hard way...
Petco gets all their fish from Apet or Quality Marine. You can do far worse than those two places. The problem with Petco is not their suppliers, it's their tank.

madjoe

Premium member
Petco gets all their fish from Apet or Quality Marine. You can do far worse than those two places. The problem with Petco is not their suppliers, it's their tank.
Why is everything about petco dam who cares about petco pretty sure not one time did i ask hey guys where do u buy your fish.

SteveV

Don't think they get Cyanide from Petco... My minimal experience, they get the fish in and sell them immediately... No much time for the poor fish to die from Cyanide..
Bottom line, IMO stay away from them.

madjoe

Premium member
OMG WTF.. What the Fluke!! Knock on wood, never have even seen them.. Feel sorry for you!
I have they suck just caught 4 of my other fish none had any in fw dip so gonna let it ride and see what happens maybe none fell off fingers crossed he was only in there a few days so might dodge a bullet . Hope he recovers that was alot of flukes coming off of him who knows what kinda damage they did

Well i got home it wasnt doing so good his ass was red like blood . So i caught him with hand and fw dipped him just to check for flukes none came off he didnt survive the dip . Wasnt internals belly was full of undigested romain lettuce dont ask how i know u dont need the details and his liver was blue again dont ask details . On another note my dam new wrasse only had few days and my dumb ass didnt qt it was scratching ��*♂ Well i was able catch his ass with net and fw dipped like 100 flukes came off i have pics to show im not exaggerating sob idk the odds of my other fish getting flukes now was only few days last time i dosed prazi nothing good came out of it killed all my pods ugh what to do now i hate this dam hobby . So people fw dip all your dam fish btw the tang and wrasse from dif lfs

- - - Updated - - -

Btw that was the second container i had to switch containers so i can see if they were done coming off
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Our LFS in the area suck. I mean they suck. Keeping fish in copper dosed water is so unethical. I will not buy anything until they change their practice.

xj_matt

Premium member
I have they suck just caught 4 of my other fish none had any in fw dip so gonna let it ride and see what happens maybe none fell off fingers crossed he was only in there a few days so might dodge a bullet . Hope he recovers that was alot of flukes coming off of him who knows what kinda damage they did
I feel you pain today Joe, I just got home and phone my radiant wrasse dead I've had him for 6 months he did have Popeye majority of the time so I knew it was only time and there's nothing I can do to save him I guess it sucks b4 o put the fish in to the new tank I'll be freshwater dipping all my fish just a piece of mind for the new tank build

madjoe

Premium member
Now I'm afraid to get a new fish !sirry for your losses
Lol amen no more for me for awhile i never seen that many come off one fish and the sob ate great idk how if u zoom on pick u can see most cane from his head and gill area lesson learned wrasses arent that safe either lol

- - - Updated - - -

I feel you pain today Joe, I just got home and phone my radiant wrasse dead I've had him for 6 months he did have Popeye majority of the time so I knew it was only time and there's nothing I can do to save him I guess it sucks b4 o put the fish in to the new tank I'll be freshwater dipping all my fish just a piece of mind for the new tank build
Yea ive been dipping but skipped cause its a wrasse more sensitive to crap but for now on they getting stuck in the coy tank before my tank and only the strong make the cut lol

madjoe

Premium member
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Our LFS in the area suck. I mean they suck. Keeping fish in copper dosed water is so unethical. I will not buy anything until they change their practice.
Idk i rather they be treated i use copper power for my qt the whole hobby is unethical we take fish from the ocean and stick them in glass cages for r amusement so as long as your in this hobby and own a fish your just as unethical as the rest of us im sure all of us accidentally killed many of fish hell i wiped out whole system 3 times before i got it right when i first started. Copper was the only thing that saved the fish that didnt die . To each there own i know there's new meds out now and im not sure how to use them or where to buy them so i will stick with what works for me . As for lfs I haven't lost faith in all of them yet im down to these last two that i got these guys from im gonna chock this up to lesson learned and shit luck i may get another naso down the road but its gonna take while for wife to forget how much i spent on the five that died in the last two months

carpetreef75

Premium member
Well i got home it wasnt doing so good his ass was red like blood . So i caught him with hand and fw dipped him just to check for flukes none came off he didnt survive the dip . Wasnt internals belly was full of undigested romain lettuce dont ask how i know u dont need the details and his liver was blue again dont ask details . On another note my dam new wrasse only had few days and my dumb ass didnt qt it was scratching ?*♂ Well i was able catch his ass with net and fw dipped like 100 flukes came off i have pics to show im not exaggerating sob idk the odds of my other fish getting flukes now was only few days last time i dosed prazi nothing good came out of it killed all my pods ugh what to do now i hate this dam hobby . So people fw dip all your dam fish btw the tang and wrasse from dif lfs

- - - Updated - - -

WOW if it was'nt for bad luck JOE .... sorry for your losses dayum
Bryan

tinman

darn Joe... bad luck is what it is i think ..

you atleast know why you lost your fish .. me on the other hand dont even know but with all this in the air well makes sense .

i feel your pain man .. good luck on your next purchase .. i think im only gonna buy cheapo fish from now on to keep the nutrients up haha .. till i get out of the hobby which would be any day soon hahaha

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Geez Joe. Kick in the asss again. I have the most issues with Acros and you have issues with fish.. At least we both know why

maidia

Team CR
I heard from 3, 4 people said UW fish got fluke lately (I am not sure - I did buy fish from them long ago). I go there for Mysis frozen food only...Sorry Mad Man [MENTION=1217]madjoe[/MENTION]

xj_matt

Premium member
I heard from 3, 4 people said UW fish got fluke lately (I am not sure - I did buy fish from them long ago). I go there for Mysis frozen food only...Sorry Mad Man [MENTION=1217]madjoe[/MENTION]
I also heard a few months back they also had velvet in their systems

madjoe

Premium member
Possibly they did i got em from them before . This time the wrasse wasnt from them only the tang and the tang didnt have flukes . Its a nasty bug to get rid of