Bomb Diggity Paly Grow-Out Contest

DB9181

CONTEST WILL OFFICIALLY START: START July 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 2013 and END November 1st 2013.

This grow out contest will be of ‘Neutron Bomb’ palythoa supplied by RareReef.com. The palys will be fragged and mounted to frag tiles. They will heal up and be available for pick up the week prior to the start of the contest. The colony has at least 25 polyps.

Therefore, the first 20 members to post will have spots… after 20, a ‘waiting list’ will be created. This is the fairest way as several of you know my paypal account, cell phone #, and/or address for cash delivery (lol) and could snipe :spy: a spot from a member that may not know that information.

Participant list will be generated based on a posting count on this thread. So, please post list like this:

1. Joe

Then the next guy would have to post:

1. Joe
2. Ryan

Third guy, etc., The post time stamp be the judge of who's in line. After the first 20 members, the rest will continue to a ‘waiting list’.

You, as members, voted: The majority poll was a ‘premium’ paly with a good/large payout to winners.

The Registration Fee is set at $30/member. This will cover the cost of the colony, shipping, and fragging materials, with at least $12/polyp going to payout. At that rate, possible payout total is: 20p x $12 = $240 total… 1[SUP]st[/SUP]: 50% 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]: 30%, 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]: 20% (with the possibly of more polyps fragged/increase in payout)

Payment via PayPal Gift must be received by 11:59p on Wednesday June 12[SUP]th[/SUP] for those first 20 members. If payment is not received by that time, your stop will be given to the next member on the waiting list.

Payment via PayPal Gift can be sent to account email: DE-Boyles@wiu.edu –If your paypal email is crazy different, please help me out by adding a message w/ your CR User Name.

Primary pick-up will be located at my house in Franklin Park (10 minutes from O'Hare), other arrangements can be made. I will do my best to set up some meet-ups at AquaPros, ReefWise, etc.

Simple rules to follow:

1. Must do a brief write-up of your system (eg. size, flow, light, placement of the paly, coral food, fish, etc) with initial photo of frag in your tank.

2. Monthly updates with progress photos is encouraged, but not required. Extra updates are allowed for bragging rites!
***Members who post updates at Monthly check-in points, may eligible for an additional prize drawing.

3. No cheating. If your polyp dies, you are out. If your polyp comes free of your frag tile, it MUST be re-mounted to that same tile.
You CAN do as you like with your frag tile, stick it in the sand, glue on your rocks, etc - All is fair in this regard, but the tile and the polyp on it must remain intact.

4. Final Check-in is required ON TIME, with post time-stamp showing no later than 11:59pm on the last day of the contest.
***Failure to check-in by the deadline date, or not including photo with final check-in will result in disqualification.

5. In the event of a TIE at the final check-in, the winning members will go into a "sudden death" race.
The first member to grow an additional polyp on their frag, and post a picture clearly showing all polyps will be the winner.
This will continue until there is a clear 1st, 2nd, 3rd place winners for the contest.

6. Members are encouraged to actively participate in the grow-out thru this thread. Possible additional mini-contests or surprise announcements may be posted during the competition that will give members opportunities to win additional prizes.

7. Have fun. This is a friendly competition amongst all us local reefers.

Not following the rules can cause you to be disqualified with no refund

PRIZES:
(based on 19 participants)
1[SUP]st[/SUP]: $114 sponsor credit
2[SUP]nd[/SUP]: $68 sponsor credit
3[SUP]rd[/SUP]: 45 sponsor credit

Sponsor credit will be issued to the winners choice of site sponsor/vendor.
Shipping charges are NOT included in the prize, and must be paid by the winner, or from the store credit if sponsor allows it.
***Prize totals will vary based on total participants and will be adjusted as required.

Participants:
1. GBeck87 - PAID - Picked Up
2. Sparky5785 - PAID - Picked Up
3. Siebo - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
4. ddiomede - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
5. fwadiver - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
6. Rich130981 - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
7. Will Lutman - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
8. theboy - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
9. Thedg - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
10. Herbie - PAID - Picked Up
11. Tkh - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
12. SkunkerX - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
13. brianspider - PAID - Picked Up
14. CienFuegos - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
15. Cecily - PAID - Picked Up
16. Rako1 - PAID - Picked Up
17. Coraln00b - PAID - Picked Up
18. BigBarnacles - PAID - Picked Up - Initial
19. BBRT - PAID - Picked Up

PICK-UPS WILL BEGIN MONDAY!

IT WILL BE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. YOU CAN HAVE SOMEONE ELSE PICK UP YOUR FRAG FOR YOU, BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW AHEAD OF TIME - I AM ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ONCE IT LEAVES MY HANDS. IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN BOTH GROW-OUTS, YOU CAN OBVIOUSLY PICK UP BOTH FRAGS AT ONCE.

PICK UP WILL BE AT MY HOUSE IN FRANKLIN PARK (GRAND & MANNHEIM - 10MINS FROM O'HARE) PM ME FOR ADDRESS.

AVAILABILITY IS BELOW:
MONDAY: 9A-NOON/ 6p-11p
TUESDAY: UNAVAILABLE
WEDNESDAY: REEFWISE 5-6PM / MY HOUSE AFTER 7PM
THURSDAY: 7:30P - 11P
FRIDAY: 5P - 11P
SATURDAY: 9A - 11P / TBA POSSIBLE LFS
SUNDAY: 9A - 11P / TBA POSSIBLE LFS

*PLEASE PM ME WITH WHAT DAY/TIME YOU'D LIKE TO PICK UP - PLEASE SPECIFY IN PM WHICH GROW OUT YOUR ARE PICKING UP TO MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR ME*

Pick-ups:

Monday:
9am - Will (Herb/Rako1)
6pm: Paul/Pasphoto - reschedule
7pm: Ed/CienFeugos - reschedule

Wednsday: RW 5-6p:
fwadiver/matt
BigBarnicles/Brian
BBRT/Brad

DB9181

Please post in the form stated in first posted therefore:

1. GBeck87

NEXT member... copy above and add "2. _______" , etc -please post your user name (instead of first name), so I don't need to go back and change it all, this will make my record keeping much easier :)

theboy

Im in, just need your info

1. Will Lutman
2. GBeck87
3. Sparky5785
4. Siebo
5. Tinman
6. ddiomede
7. fwadiver
8. Terrien4t
9.theboy

Thedg