Brand NEW MP10 dryside??? Too few wires and flashes red/green

jrpark22000

Premium member
Anyone replace an old mp10 dryside with a new one recently? The brand new dryside has half as many wires going to the controller as compared to the old dryside. When I plug in the new dryside the controller flashes green/red. Anyone have to deal with this before?

The drive manuf date is 2011.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I have 3 mp10, I was able to swap drivers, motors, and power supplies. It's how I knew my old dryside was fried. The new dryside has the same problem on both of the drivers I tested.

jrpark22000

Premium member
That's why I'm asking. There isn't a part number for anything other than the current MP10s. Before ordering it looked like all parts were compatable.

I'm hoping this isn't the first time it's been done and someone had luck getting it to work, firmware upgrade, tip, trick, worked with ecotech, etc.

madjoe

Premium member
That's why I'm asking. There isn't a part number for anything other than the current MP10s. Before ordering it looked like all parts were compatable.

I'm hoping this isn't the first time it's been done and someone had luck getting it to work, firmware upgrade, tip, trick, worked with ecotech, etc.
For another 50$ u can get the driver lol. It weird cause u can upgrade the drivers to quiet drive so id guess u can upgrade the dry side too i just got mp40s so im a mp nube

jrpark22000

Premium member
For another 50$ u can get the driver lol. It weird cause u can upgrade the drivers to quiet drive so id guess u can upgrade the dry side too i just got mp40s so im a mp nube
When you compare the mp10es to the qd, the upgraded driver gets you nothing. There are reports it may be quiter, but that is it at best. My ES driver is without fault, there's no reason to have to spend the extra $50 except for the fact ecotech is again forcing consumers to upgrade. They're stopping production of all parts for non QD models. MP40 wetsdie rebuilds were the first to go, now drysides too.

IMO its an underhanded method to get people to spend more money. Make people buy new vs being able to support otherwise good working products.

madjoe

Premium member
When you compare the mp10es to the qd, the upgraded driver gets you nothing. There are reports it may be quiter, but that is it at best. My ES driver is without fault, there's no reason to have to spend the extra $50 except for the fact ecotech is again forcing consumers to upgrade. They're stopping production of all parts for non QD models. MP40 wetsdie rebuilds were the first to go, now drysides too.

IMO its an underhanded method to get people to spend more money. Make people buy new vs being able to support otherwise good working products.
I have one of each the qd is pretty silent but the other isnt bad either . I would think though if u could switch drivers then u should be able ro switch dry sides . Im guessing u didnt find any info on tge interweb

Irsug1

Premium member
My bad, you are correct. I thought I saw a qd dry side in the upgrade section but there is not.

madjoe

Premium member
Thanks for looking. I've been digging and still can't find any useful info out on the web, even on the big forums.
Have u contacted ecotech at all maybe they can tell u i cant find anything on the web site fives a part number of mp201 i believe is regular no qd but like other guy said i havent even found a quiet drive dry side just the driver it self so idk what going on