bugs all over my tank

so last night before i shut the lights off, i noticed my tank looked cloudy from a distance. upon closer inspection i noticed all these tiny tiny white bugs...i read that these are copepods. they seem to have taken over my tank. they are everywhere. all over the glass, rock, pumps...is this a bad thing? the water still looks a lil cloudy, will they die off or get eaten eventually? i had a biocube running for a couple years and never noticed anything like this.

also noticed on thursday one of the hitchhiking slugs was shooting out some cloudy white stuff(id tell ya what it looked like, but lets keep it clean) for like 15minutes, and then again for a few minutes on saturday.. does this have anything to do with this?

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Those tiny bugs are probably copepods and amipods and they're good to have. No worries. IDK about the shooting slug.

so they are still all over the glass, even during the day, i mean they are literally everywhere. makes my tank look bad, but i guess if theyre good, ill live with it...
someone told me thats a sign i need a water change, is this true? ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates barely testable. is it possible they reproduced and these are all the new ones?

scotty

no, whoever told you that a copepod boom means a water change never had a refugium or had to feed a manderine.

Cecily

I think it could be from this too, because I have a ton of them on my glass and floating around and it does make your water a bit cloudy (in my case, I don't know how many you really have).

billions lol. well the water has been perfectly clear since the sand settled from the original fill up. yesterday was the first time its gotten this cloudy, i hope it is just from the "bugs". lets say i use my scrub pad to clean the glass would this kill them, and if so would all the dead ones mess up my water quality?

scotty

nah, but i wouldn't worry too much about them, like a lotta stuff in this hobby, they will outcompete themselves for food, and the problem will rectify itself. in this case, just close your eyes for a couple weeks lol. srsly though, nothing really you can do except feed a little more gingerly to avoid feeding the bugs, and they will boom and dieoff on their own.

AVDweeb

I'm getting 500 free pods with the cleaner crew I'm purchasing. I don't want an outbreak like JRod's. Are these best kept to a fugue?

coolest thing ive seen except the pom pom defending his territory, my hulk acan frag that i brought home two weeks ago finally closed up, i was wondering when id see the rest of those colors. :) it shrunk up to the size it was when i bought it in about 5 minutes, i almost forgot what it looked like. could this have anything to do with the pod outbreak? i hope not. the blue on the acan is only visible when closed. could they be irritating it or something?
i guess i need to do some research on these copepods, sorry for all the questions