Candycane/Trumpet - Loose head help

FishBeard

As in, completely popped from the skeleton cause my darn clownfish likes it rough. I have a ton of random loose heads of candycane that she has broken off their skeletons. Do I just dump these, or is there some way I can get them to grown new stems? Ive never had to deal with this before, but since Im turning the nano back into a clownfish fowlr in the bedroom, all these candycane heads are scattered all over still alive, but like little marshmallows all over the tank. If they can be salvaged, I would be happy to PIF single heads around to the community, and just save myself one of each color I have (like 6 or 7 different color morphs)

DanSreef

Premium member
Hey George... I have a really nice one that I broke a head off of. It just fell to the bottom of the tank. It actually lived there in the sand a long time... Ibet you could glue it to a plug and hand it off. It is worth a try. If so.... I will take one of each color. It would give me an excuse to stop by and see your big a$$ tank!!!!

As for the head that broke off in my tank....it eventually got covered by sand.... and died off. I actually thought of creating a frag....but did not have the plugs or the glue at the time.

If you do it let me know....

FishBeard

Yea, see I have just left them in the tank for so long as she went from colony to colony decimating them on her warpath. I have yet to see one start growing back out any type of base. But yea, I could always try snagging one and gluing it mouth up on a frag plug as a test to see what happens.