Cat's RSM 250

Catran

I bought the tank in February, minus all of the parts.
I collected everything I needed over the last few months. I bought the skimmer from a friend. Later, when I was looking for the hood, he told me he was upgrading and had a brand new hood still in the box. Of course, I bought it. It sat for about 2 months and when I finally ordered the bulbs, it didn't work! The box was never opened, I had no idea why it wouldn't work. I finally took the hood apart (not as easy as it sounds) and found that it was just a loose wire, cool! It works fine now.
I got a stand I found on sale at a LFS this summer, then, I bought two hydor pumps and as it happens, one didn't fit. So, I'm looking for a pump (less than 4") that runs about 250-320gph.
I picked up about half the live rock I need Friday (Thanks Cubzbiggiestfan) after filling the tank with water, partially with w/c's from my RSM130. Since I forgot to put the plastic screw plugs back in the hood, I haven't run the light, but here's a couple of pic's. I'll post more later when I finish the hood and arrange the rock a little!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catran

Thanks!
Yesterday I finished putting the hood back together and onto the tank, installed a 36" powerstrip inside the cabinet and finally plugged everything in.
My protein skimmer was going nuts, foaming like crazy. I tried everything but finally gave up trying to stop the microbubbles. This morning when I got up, I noticed the microbubbles were gone, so I guess it just needed to break-in.
Th only thing left to do (other than add more LR) is to hook up my eiheim 1000. Of course, I have to get a tubing reducer connector because the outlet is smaller than the pump outlet. Nothings ever easy! I'll try checkeng Lowes today.

Catran

Yes, this is a marineland. It had a 150g tall on it when I bought it. I wish I could have bought the tank too, lol, but I have no room left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catran

Okay, I'll be selling some zoa frags in about two weeks. Here's the current state of the RSM 250. I have rock about 3/4 the way up to the right of the 4 tiered frag rack:

I have a Lot of Mohawk Palys just fragged and a couple of Captain America Palys. Here's a sneak peek of what else I'll be fragging 1-2 frags of:

I will not be selling anything with less than 1 week of healing to ensure the health of the zoas...

I love reefers...

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Cat looking real nice ;) I say forget the sale thread and just invite us over... LOL!!!

I can't wait..

Jep21

Oohh i want to get in on the carpool :) how much will u be selling some of ur zoas?

Catran

Well, it depends. I'm thinking $15 for the Mohawks- most are 4-6 polyps. I'll show prices when they open after fragging. Obviously, zoas like the Purple Death, Vivid Rainbow, Captain America, Jokers...(I may add more nice stuff later) -the more premium zoas and paly's will be a little more. I'm not out to make a killing, we just had a job loss in the family and I'm trying to help out.
To tell the truth, I'd rather not sell any, lol! I'm a little like gollum, those zoas are my precious, lol!

I love reefers...

Jep21

Well, it depends. I'm thinking $15 for the Mohawks- most are 4-6 polyps. I'll show prices when they open after fragging. Obviously, zoas like the Purple Death, Vivid Rainbow, Captain America, Jokers...(I may add more nice stuff later) -the more premium zoas and paly's will be a little more. I'm not out to make a killing, we just had a job loss in the family and I'm trying to help out.
To tell the truth, I'd rather not sell any, lol! I'm a little like gollum, those zoas are my precious, lol!

I love reefers...
Sweet :) let us all knw when they are ready..

Sorry to hear bout ur familys job loss.. Dnt worry when ur frags are ready i bet there will be a lot of ppl here to help u out :)