Cheap heater controller - $22

trackfast

Princess Trainer
I've been using this for about a week and a half now and it seems to be working well. I know a lot of reefers just go with an Apex, Reefkeeper, etc but I'm way too cheap to invest in something like that. This controller might be good for a quarantine tank or something that's not part of your DT. I have built heater controllers in the past but my DIY cost was higher than $22.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M6WMUYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amozoc

Premium member
I got one of those one older version very reliable still working good until now any complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Thor

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Thanks for posting this. Picked one up for my quarantine tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
So I picked one up and had some concerns.

First, it only sets on and off at a whole number.. i.e. at 78 or 79 (will not allow 78.5 for example)

Second, if your high and low values are 79 and 78 respectively, the controller will power the outlet as soon as temp reached 77.9 and will keep it powered until temp reached 79.1. 1.2 degree swing.

With that said, I'm testing mine by making my heater the main decision maker on temp.. set at 78.5. My heater stays consistent to .1 degree. If it goes too high due to sticking on, the controller will kick it off at 79.1 making sure the tank doesn't over heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk