Chicagoland aquariums - seeking service technician!

Lol @ $10/hr. I don't want anybody doing plumbing and electrical in my house for $10/hr.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

sparky5785

Anybody willing to do electrical work for $10 an hour has no clue what they are doing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

DD

"Rambo"
Yeah sounds like a crap job.

The shop I worked at in my teens used to pay me 35 per hour for maintenance jobs. I'd do two maintenance stops per week at 2 hours each. This was in addition to working at the shop as well.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I hate cleaning my own tank but at least I get to look at it when I'm done.

I'll pay anyone here $10 per hour to clean my tank. You can stop by daily and dump the skimmer cup too. I'll pay $3 per skimmer cup dump. Just sneak in and be quiet about it cuz ill be watching tv a few feet away. Pick up your $3 off the coffee table on your way out.

Sounds like an untapped business opportunity for someone not working. .....someone should jump on this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Siebo

Premium member
I hate cleaning my own tank but at least I get to look at it when I'm done.

I'll pay anyone here $10 per hour to clean my tank. You can stop by daily and dump the skimmer cup too. I'll pay $3 per skimmer cup dump. Just sneak in and be quiet about it cuz ill be watching tv a few feet away. Pick up your $3 off the coffee table on your way out.
+1 and if you can frag you will get hazard pay at $15/hr.

Jason13

Is this for real? If it is, it's just another shiny example of what is wrong with america.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Triggerdood

Sad thing is, with this economy, there are a ton of people that would take this job in a heartbeat, and just cause they are makin $10/hr, doesnt mean they don't know what they are doin. It may be someone workin multiple jobs, whatever they can get, just to get by.

1mg

I feel bad for there customers as the guy getting $10 a hour doesn't give two chits about some ones expensive tank when they don't make enough to get by

Triggerdood

I would think someone with a family working multiple jobs would give two chits, only if it is $10, being that it could be his only means of feeding a family, or trying for that matter. Jmo.

Jason13

The only thing wrong with this economy is Corporate greed. Too many companies think they can lowball wages and strip down employee headcount to overpay executives and keep shareholders happy.

No matter what the tv tells you, the economy is doing just fine. Glad I don't work for a company like that.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

JLee1469

So what do you guys think of the recent news of fast food employees demanding $15/hr to flip burgers?

$10/hr to clean glass and water change seems fine to me. Now when it comes to a complex reef, water chemistry and a thorough understanding of marine biology then pay needs to adjust accordingly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

sparky5785

Perhaps if fast food jobs paid $15 an hour and had higher hiring standards you'd actually get your correct order. I'd gladly pay a little more for better service and I'm sure all of the executives don't need huge bonuses and private jets etc. which could keep prices down. If people made better wages they wouldn't need two jobs which then would mean more jobs for more people. Less people on unemployment and welfare and less crime. This country will eventually have a devastating economic crash unless things change.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2