Chicagoland aquariums - seeking service technician!

DD

"Rambo"
Perhaps if fast food jobs paid $15 an hour and had higher hiring standards you'd actually get your correct order. I'd gladly pay a little more for better service and I'm sure all of the executives don't need huge bonuses and private jets etc. which could keep prices down. If people made better wages they wouldn't need two jobs which then would mean more jobs for more people. Less people on unemployment and welfare and less crime. This country will eventually have a devastating economic crash unless things change.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I've always been against those ridiculously high salaries of top level execs. 20 million a year is pretty absurd.

If minimum wage was increased, and exec salaries brought down to reasonable levels, it would make the country so much better.

sparky5785

I've always been against those ridiculously high salaries of top level execs. 20 million a year is pretty absurd.

If minimum wage was increased, and exec salaries brought down to reasonable levels, it would make the country so much better.
Well said!

sparky5785

Perhaps if fast food jobs paid $15 an hour and had higher hiring standards you'd actually get your correct order.

This would all be great if nobody minded paying $15 for a hotdog & $25 for a burger.
Again you're missing the part where execs don't need huge bonuses and private jets etc lowering those costs alone would keep the prices comparable to what they are now. I'm not saying prices wouldn't go up but they don't have to go up to the extremes you are suggesting.

yogoshio

I think we shouldn't have any control over what anyone makes except ourselves.

For one, it has been proven that raising minimum wage only increases inflation, so it's a wash, and putting limits on income is a slippery slope that some of my older friends who came from Romania and Ukraine while they were still under USSR dominion could tell you where that leads.

Jason13

Ok...yogoshio...then how about re-instituting pre-reagonomics tax rates? problem solved!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

yogoshio

Tax rates are higher on high income people now and lower for low income people than they were pre-Reagan. Not sure where you're going with that. The tax load is also far heavier on the top 30% of earners than it was before as well.

Jason13

Maybe you need to check your facts a little...just sayin'.

Pre reagan era tax rates for top earners were 70%. prior to that, in 1960 top earners paid 91%.

While that tax rate was high, it was also an incentive to for companies to spend more time and money focusing on growing the business and paying an honest wage for honest work instead of worrying about how many millions they could use for executive paychecks and bonuses.

As soon as the top tax rate dropped to 38% (thanks reagan), It was no longer wasteful to spend ridiculous amounts of money on executive compensation.

I'm not saying we should go back to that, simply pointing out that maybe the US could stand to take a long hard look at where it all went wrong and what caused the Amwrican dream to become a nearly unattainable with the exception of the priveleged few.

Just sayin

yogoshio

Lol, if you're not able to understand the difference between a tax rate and a real tax rate, then this conversation is already over.

Jason13

Sorry...was hoping to keep it simple. I never got around to finishing my degree in economics...(true story)

This conversation is best left dead anyway, unless you are one of the top tier earners wanting to debate this issue with us "common folk"

yogoshio

Not there yet, but don't understand the hatred for those who are there, lol.

My degree is in econ too. Sorry, not trying to brag, but just glad to know it wasn't just a paintbrush issue :)

Aquaman

LOL AQUATICA IS HIRING TOO ( I asked its MIn Wage ) SERRIOUSLY?!

you know what it means when they say minimum wage it means if they could pay you less they would .. .....Chris Rock

Jason13

I can honestly say I don't hate them. My disdain is stems from watching the country crumble. I can be a little passionate about it sometimes.

You could say I'm in a pretty unique position on the economic ladder. Good or bad, the economy has almost no effect on my family or finances. Most people that are upset have been affected at some level, or know someone close to them that has and that's where the "anti-rich people hate speech" comes in. Me...well...I just don't care for corporate greed. (my original arguement was against corporate greed, not the rich)

I can look at both sides, try my best to ignore the shiitty politics on both sides of the aisle and quietly ponder the question "When is everyone going to get their heads out of their assess and start fixing the real issues?"

If you get me talking about politics it gets ugly quick. I am an equal opportunity politician hater.