ChicagoReefs.com Official Spring 2012 Paly Grow-Out Contest

FishBeard

CONTEST WILL OFFICIALLY START: April 9, 2012 AND END July 9, 2011.

Cost to enter is $15 Cash payment is to be made at pickup of frag.
Pre-pay via Paypal Personal Gift is allowed, PM for PayPal info.

Simple rules to follow:

1. Must do a quick writeup of their system (eg. size, flow, light, placement of the zoos, coral food, fish, etc) with initial photo of frag in your tank.

2. Must document with photos the progress of the zoas on a monthly basis. Extra updates are allowed for bragging rites!

3. No cheating. If your polyp dies, you are out. If your polyp comes free of your frag plug, it MUST be re-mounted to that same plug.

4. Have fun. This is a friendly competition amongst all us local reefers.

Not following the rules can cause you to be disqualified with no refund

The prizes will be issued as follows:

Grand Prize: $120 store credit & 12 frag cave rock (with 6 extra plugs)
Second Place: $80 store credit & 8oz bottle of Warner Marine Amino Acids
Third Place: $40 store credit

Frag cave:

Store credit will be issued to the winners choice of site sponsor/vendor. Shipping charges are NOT included in the prize, and must be paid by the winner, or from the store credit if sponsor allows it. If more than 15 members participate, prize totals will be adjusted. Grand prize wins frag rock regardless of total participants. Additional prize may be added for second place at a later date.

Sign up now! PM is Key, contact me directly to be added to the list and arrange pickup and payment of your frag. List will be updated as frags are paid for and picked up.

As per the contest logo, there are plenty of polyps to go around, so the only limit to contest is deadline date. Polyps will be cut to order, so take advantage and get in early! Entry fee of $15 covers contest prizes, cost of polyp, frag plug, glue, and fresh blades for cutting. Sponsor credit payout of contest is $10 per participant. All remaining funds from this contest will be used on supplies for the next contest.

Participants:

1. EricTheRed - paid - picked up
2. Richiet - paid - picked up
3. Lil BamBam - paid - picked up
4. JayJigga - paid - picked up
5. SkunkerX - paid - picked up
6. Jeppun21 - paid - picked up
7. DanSReef - paid - picked up
8. Emisis - paid - picked up
9. DaveWF - paid - picked up
10. DJE2010 - paid - picked up
11. Cromag09 - paid - picked up
12. M.Miller1547 - paid - picked up
13. Helitaiwan963 - paid - picked up
14. Navycook2 - paid - picked up
15. Fordguy24 - paid - picked up
16. Cubbies - paid - picked up
17. Cubbies wife - paid - picked up
18. nlite5679 - paid - picked up
19. Tiff393 - paid - picked up
20. ioevanc - paid - picked up
21. Catran - paid - picked up
22. Redline10000 - paid - picked up
23. Chicagophil - paid - picked up
24. Badgus - paid - picked up

FishBeard

Where is pickup?
Typically, Streamwood. I may be out in NW Indiana before the contest starts. I am going to see about arranging with a member for pickup further east towards the city, and leave several polyps with them (which must be paypal'ed for before pickup)

Herbie

Banned
Typically, Streamwood. I may be out in NW Indiana before the contest starts. I am going to see about arranging with a member for pickup further east towards the city, and leave several polyps with them (which must be paypal'ed for before pickup)
any possibility of a pony express headed north?

FishBeard

We could look into something like priority mail depending on weather, we are sure to have some low 70's overnight soon. Palys can usually last a day or two in a bag. No need for overnight 10am delivery... There would be no guarantee on the polyps thou if they do melt in shipping.

Herbie

Banned
I work in northbrook right near MCF. Maybe a meetup there with someone heading that way after work? I could ferry further north from there.

RedDevil.258

Oh man I ordered two of theses from Alternative Reefs. A Micro rock 4 and micro rock 12. I have an invoice and it seems that these lil babies are in high demand. Can't wait to get them in.

FishBeard

Oh man I ordered two of theses from Alternative Reefs. A Micro rock 4 and micro rock 12. I have an invoice and it seems that these lil babies are in high demand. Can't wait to get them in.
Yea I went a little crazy myself as soon as they came out, the 4's were already gone, got four 8's and two 12's and a bag of plugs. Had to get the free shipping, lol. I love how every one is different and handmade. The winner is going to be pleased with this prize. Oh, and it's like 6x8 oval, so nano guys beware, it's not as little as the pic makes it out to be!