Concealed carry.

Gary

That is correct.

I wonder how you would do your qualify shooting?
I also want to get my Florida and Utah permits as well. I travel to Florida and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free but I paid for it, where's my refund!!

Milhouse

Premium member
Take the Florida/Utah first and get the cards. That counts as 8 hours towards the 16 Illinois requires. If you get Illinois first you will spend 24 hours in classes to get all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
So quick question . I know that its illegal to bring guns over state lines now if u have the cc for the multiple states is it still illegal to carry over state lines. Just wondering

So quick question . I know that its illegal to bring guns over state lines now if u have the cc for the multiple states is it still illegal to carry over state lines. Just wondering
It is not illegal to bring guns over state lines. You can not purchase handguns over state lines.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

DD

"Rambo"
It really depends on the situation Joe. If you have the Florida and Utah license but not Illinois, you can't.

madjoe

Premium member
It is not illegal to bring guns over state lines. You can not purchase handguns over state lines.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Not what i was told i hang out with a lot of cops, swat etc. I dont know about every state but i know wisconson dont want r cops carrying weapons over state lines know a few who got pulled over by wiscosin police and were warned about this. Maybe they just blowing smoke up there arse idk i never looked into it. Kinda figured it was true since was police that told me. Guess i will have to look more into it. I do know if i buy gun in wis they have to ship to a store of your choice in il then u can pic it up after a fee

DB9181

As far as I was told (since I'm Armed/K9), when traveling you are allowed to be armed if you have permits for the states you are traveling through. I currently have both my Utah & FL CCWs (plus IL FCC) which also covers the majority of the states in the US. Just make sure to check in advance (online) to make sure the states you are traveling through recognize UT/FL CCW...and as always, if pulled over INFORM the officer that you have a CCW... Nothing worse than simply reaching for your wallet and ending up w/ a muzzle in your face bc the officer saw you had a weapon.

Even though I'm private security, I am allowed to be armed (in my door panel if not on me) any time I am in a working/traveling capacity due to K9.

madjoe

Premium member
As far as I was told (since I'm Armed/K9), when traveling you are allowed to be armed if you have permits for the states you are traveling through. I currently have both my Utah & FL CCWs (plus IL FCC) which also covers the majority of the states in the US. Just make sure to check in advance (online) to make sure the states you are traveling through recognize UT/FL CCW...and as always, if pulled over INFORM the officer that you have a CCW... Nothing worse than simply reaching for your wallet and ending up w/ a muzzle in your face bc the officer saw you had a weapon.

Even though I'm private security, I am allowed to be armed (in my door panel if not on me) any time I am in a working/traveling capacity due to K9.
But when u r traveling your usually in a marked car and going to a job right?. This was in personal vehicals and in regular cloths off duty . Now i believe a officer can carry when he is off duty any where in il .right or am i wrong about that. One day when i have time i gotta read the rules about this. If i do eventually get cc id hate to do something wrong and get busted for not knowing the rules. There are way to many rules btw lol. Sorry back to ops topic . Sorry for the side tract was just wondering the rules since i know most people will have cc for most states once they get the il one

DB9181

But when u r traveling your usually in a marked car and going to a job right?. This was in personal vehicals and in regular cloths off duty . Now i believe a officer can carry when he is off duty any where in il .right or am i wrong about that. One day when i have time i gotta read the rules about this. If i do eventually get cc id hate to do something wrong and get busted for not knowing the rules. There are way to many rules btw lol. Sorry back to ops topic . Sorry for the side tract was just wondering the rules since i know most people will have cc for most states once they get the il one
Haha thats part of the reason the class is required, so that they cover all the rules/guidelines, etc

Gary

Take the Florida/Utah first and get the cards. That counts as 8 hours towards the 16 Illinois requires. If you get Illinois first you will spend 24 hours in classes to get all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not true. Most trainers offer classes for the first 8 hours that also cover Florida/Utah.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Not true. Most trainers offer classes for the first 8 hours that also cover Florida/Utah.
I was wondering similar. As most states including Florida and MI have an 8 hour class, could those 8 hours be applied to the 16 of the IL requirement, byapssing class 1 and going straight into class 2?

DD

"Rambo"
From what the trainer said during the first 8 hour class, you would need to still take the Utah class for some reason. With the Florida license, you basically just need to do the app after the shooting portion for the Illinois license. Apparently the Utah 8 hours is different.

Gary

From what the trainer said during the first 8 hour class, you would need to still take the Utah class for some reason. With the Florida license, you basically just need to do the app after the shooting portion for the Illinois license. Apparently the Utah 8 hours is different.
That sounds about right, I knew I could get one of them. FL is more important to me anyways.

Gary

I have family in FL, so makes sense to get it at the same time, I will get the Utah just for the extra coverage.