CR Spring Fishing Outing

Who's in for a CR Fishing Outing?

• Sounds like fun... Let's drown some worms...

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No thanks... I'll catch fish in my reef tank

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Lil BamBam

Premium member
West branch is another nice location and close to a bait shop.. Was my favorite spot for bait when going to Mallard Lake and west branch.. Busse woods has been out fished but you will have to rent a boat to get some nice fish.

BigKev we will have to hit it again when I visit..

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Mai would know.... let's see what he says. Dre took me to a Mallard Lake last year which seemed pretty nice. Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville is a good size lake as well with plenty of BBQ areas.
To bad weather sucked that day!!! Couldn't even turn on our cigars...lol

Jason13

I can recommend a few good spots on the Kankakee river that can support a good sized group. i'm talking about 15-19" smallies left and right.

maidia

Team CR
I can recommend a few good spots on the Kankakee river that can support a good sized group. i'm talking about 15-19" smallies left and right.
I like Kankakee..Jason can you tell us more place at Kankakee please. Thanks.

I know only one cookling lake there..

Last edited:

kdog23

Mallard has a lot of fish---a lot better than Busse. But Busse has a lot better area to BBQ or picnic. Charters are a lot of fun--but can get pricey. I would be down for anything. Best off shore fishing IMO is Lake Geneva-at least in the general area.

DD

"Rambo"
Rock River out west, specifically in the town Oregon Illinois has some pretty good fishing. Takes close to an hour and a half drive from the city though. People have caught ridiculous sized flathead catfish there. There's a dam there and that's usually where I've gone in the past. Always catch something.

Shabbona lake has some good fishing. I finished 2nd in their bass tournament last year, missing first by only 3 oz. and I'd be in for some fishing and BBQ!