Darienreefs New 190 Mixed Reef

Darienreefs7

Well everyone, it's almost time to get this beast going. As most of you may know, I have a 125 gallon mixed reef that is currently running. I will be reusing most of the equipment as well as adding some new goodies and upgrading some things. So here's the list of equipment. ( may forget some things will add them later ).

Lighting: Gonna do three Artic T247 as well as 2 Ai Sols.

Flow- 1 maxspect Gyre XF 130, 1 MP40 WES , and add my 2 RW15s.

Returns- 1 Dc12000 to feed the returns as well as the frag tank, and 1 DC9000 just to feed the display.

Skimmer- Sticking with my Reef Octopus Diablo XS200.

Controller- Neptune Apex Lite

Heaters- 2 Finnex 300 watt titanium

Reactors- single and dual brs reactors for carbon and GFO. Also adding a Korallin calcium reactor to make my alk and calcium stable.

Frag Tank Equipment:
Deep Blue 30 gal rimless
Kessil A350 (may add my 3rd ai sol if I need better coverage)
Mp10
Frag Racks

Sump: will be a 75 gallon converted to a sump, have yet to have it done still. Gonna have a large refugium as well as space for my Marine pure bio spheres.

Let me know if you have any suggestions and thanks for reading!

Great Choice on the T247. I have 2 over my 65g SPS reef and it's awesome. Nice growth and color! Not to mention at 148 bucks a unit? It's a steal haha. But I'm following :D

Darienreefs7

Can anyone with 75 gallon sumps chime in about the dimensions of the chambers? Need some suggestions for how big to go on the skimmer and fuge sections

jayjerk

Premium member
Dont have a tank..buttt....I typically make them just big enough for my skimmer of choice. Just big enough to fit return With the idea of the largest area I can for fuge

Darienreefs7

Dont have a tank..buttt....I typically make them just big enough for my skimmer of choice. Just big enough to fit return With the idea of the largest area I can for fuge
Would u reccomend going
Skimmer--->Fuge--->Return

Or

Fuge--->skimmer--->return?

Darienreefs7

Sorry for the long update, but I'm having a dedicated circuit put in to power the 190. A couple of changes to the build:

Picked up a 6 bulb dimmable Ati Sunpower from reefwise not too long ago, so that will be the main light. Selling the calcium reactor and instead just gonna keep my jebao doser. Received my new Aquamaxx skimmer in hopes it will be quieter than my current skimmer. Pics to follow when electrical is done

Darienreefs7

Sweet looking plans dude! What are you planning on for the fuge for size/light, and what will you grow there?
Fuge is about 20 gallons of my 75 gallon sump, using a CC fuge led lamp to light it and I think I'm gonna put my MarinePure Spheres on the bottom and have a massive ball of chaeto.