dc return pump

Pfisherman

im going to ap tomorrow to get a new return pump, how long has anyone had success with the jebao return pumps? should i get one or should i stick with the classics like a mag 7 or rio or what?

labas39

I have the 12000 for over a year at about 80%. It's doing great and it survived a vacation where the sitter let the sump run dry!

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I've had the DC12000 for over a year. I love it. Really small and completely silent. I like the ramp up when you restart it. I've never cleaned it once and it works well. I run it at 80% and run two reactors off of it too.

Since they were only about $90 through the group buy, I bought a second one to have on hand in case of an emergency.

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
im going to ap tomorrow to get a new return pump, how long has anyone had success with the jebao return pumps? should i get one or should i stick with the classics like a mag 7 or rio or what?
If you decide to stick with a Mag, I do have a Mag9.5 for sale for a decent price in the marketplace currently. It has been running for about 6 months and is working perfectly. Still on the 180 gallon if you want to see it in action.

Pfisherman

they had all three at aquapros today, i went with the rio. my mag drive was so loud in its old age and i kniw they have a rep for being that way new. the dc pump i was just to nervous about, im a nervous mofo and the jebao is just to sketchy and new still. my last tank had all cheap no name equipment this time im using the stuff that has warranty potential.