DIY LED CREE or BRIDGELUX?

Prov3:5-6

Im building a fixture soon and want to hear all of your opinions. How do they face off against each other?

kurens

As people says Cree have more par per watt but bridgelux are cheaper.I got 48 cree leds over my tank.

rick

if you have
Cree have more par per watt but bridgelux are cheaper.I got 48 cree leds over my tank.
if your tank is deep than i would say crees are good if not why wast the money and if money is tight there are cheaper bulbs out there you can diys and save tons of money you can put in your tank

zoomcorvette

Cree LEDs have better bin control which basically means more consistency in the spectrums the bulbs omit. If you are going DIY save the money and get bridgelux IMO.

If you would like the name of my LED guy he uses cree for all the colors and bridgelux for the whites. I have fixtures from him now. They are the standard 55 led fixtures with cree leds and they were $279 I just ordered his new fixtures that use the layout like the radions with the lights in a circular pattern with 4 groups of 15 led's for 60 3 watt leds on three dimmable channels for $339. And he warranties them for 3 years. He has a large commercial reef farm and imports these lights for his business and for the public. I am pretty sure your DIY setup will cost you more. HE buys his CREE LEDS in 10000 led rolls to bring there cost way down.