Down time tomorrow - Upgrading to a new server

Gary

If you are that upset about this, maybe you do need some time away, or a hug. LOL :hug:

I'm sure they are working on it. It probably is not an easy thing to do. I know at work when our guys switch servers, they look like they are headed into the apocalypse and after it is all done, they usually get a few days off.

I honestly have not had any issues at all with the site. Only once or twice when it first went down a month or so ago. After that I have been fine and I am on here a few times per day. I wonder why it is only affecting some and not others.
I would agree with you if it was only happening for a few days or once.

So wait a moment, you are saying issues that have been going on for over a month are OK to continue to linger? Even though sponsors are paying to be presented on this site, and it's exposure, I don't think you truly understand how this works for businesses or paid members. I pay for good access, I expect my access. Sponsors pay for members to be on the forum and see their ads and post, not for them to get disconnected. Just because you are not having the same issue as others does not mean in any way shape or form that the issue does not exist.

Thanks for your comments on needing time away, next time I need a therapist, i'll contact you.

CoralN00b

I would agree with you if it was only happening for a few days or once.

So wait a moment, you are saying issues that have been going on for over a month are OK to continue to linger? Even though sponsors are paying to be presented on this site, and it's exposure, I don't think you truly understand how this works for businesses or paid members. I pay for good access, I expect my access. Sponsors pay for members to be on the forum and see their ads and post, not for them to get disconnected. Just because you are not having the same issue as others does not mean in any way shape or form that the issue does not exist.

Thanks for your comments on needing time away, next time I need a therapist, i'll contact you.

I posted jokingly, hence the "LOL" and the smileys, but now I assure you I am not posting in a friendly manner.

You don't have to be an *** to the owners of this site or a dick to other member's because you can't sit and chat your life away all **** day. They could have just done nothing about it but instead, they posted a thread about it and have kept everyone updated on what is going on. The issue is there and I never said it wasn't but it definitely is not as bad as it was when it first came up.

The people working on it, unlike you, probably have actual lives where they have to work, tend to families, etc and they are trying to balance all of that and work on this at the same time. I think they have been more than helpful. The problem may not be fixed, but they are not ignoring it either. They have been updating the community and letting us know what they are trying to do.

I work in this industry (Social Media, Online Advertising) and yes I fully understand how this works. If you can't get your advertisement out there then there is an issue. However, you are wrong. Go into the threads and into our sponsor threads and you will see that our members are buying and interacting just fine. This really isn't as big of an issue as you are making it seem.

You are acting like the mods and owners of the site are committing fraud or something and that is not the case. They have an issue and they are trying to fix it. There was no need to bash these guys.

If you feel this strongly over your $20 that you paid for "good service" and are not getting on a forum then I will send you $20 out of my own pocket and if you choose to leave this forum over a few disconnects, then maybe you won't have such a bad taste about spending $20 here. Just send me your paypal address and i'll send it over today.

I would appreciate it if you don't come at me like that again and at the same time, I won't joke with you anymore because you obviously take the internet way too seriously.

Gary

I posted jokingly, hence the "LOL" and the smileys, but now I assure you I am not posting in a friendly manner.
Wonderful, let's have this conversation.

You don't have to be an *** to the owners of this site or a dick to other member's because you can't sit and chat your life away all **** day. They could have just done nothing about it but instead, they posted a thread about it and have kept everyone updated on what is going on. The issue is there and I never said it wasn't but it definitely is not as bad as it was when it first came up.
They have done nothing about it until someone spoke up, that someone has been me. I'm glad you know so much about me and what I do for a living to know I do nothing but sit at home all day and chat my life away. The issue has not gotten better, whether you think it has or has not, others are having the same issue that has not changed.[/QUOTE]

The people working on it, unlike you, probably have actual lives where they have to work, tend to families, etc and they are trying to balance all of that and work on this at the same time. I think they have been more than helpful. The problem may not be fixed, but they are not ignoring it either. They have been updating the community and letting us know what they are trying to do.
I beg to differ, they do seem to be ignoring it and the responses only come after I state something to either Herbie or EyeReef. No pun to you Herbie, I know you are not in control, but we've already spoke about this in person.

I work in this industry (Social Media, Online Advertising) and yes I fully understand how this works. If you can't get your advertisement out there then there is an issue. However, you are wrong. Go into the threads and into our sponsor threads and you will see that our members are buying and interacting just fine. This really isn't as big of an issue as you are making it seem.
Really? That's great, I work as well, I know you might not believe that, but I do. I too happen to work in the internet space that just so happens to have an aspect in advertisement as well. I've heard a sponsor complain, I've also seen the stats for this site over the past 90 days. You have experience in looking at website stats right? Go look.

You are acting like the mods and owners of the site are committing fraud or something and that is not the case. They have an issue and they are trying to fix it. There was no need to bash these guys.
When did I accuse anyone of fraud?

If you feel this strongly over your $20 that you paid for "good service" and are not getting on a forum then I will send you $20 out of my own pocket and if you choose to leave this forum over a few disconnects, then maybe you won't have such a bad taste about spending $20 here. Just send me your paypal address and i'll send it over today.
I don't even know how to respond to this. Funny.

I would appreciate it if you don't come at me like that again and at the same time, I won't joke with you anymore because you obviously take the internet way too seriously.
Funny how you ask me not to come at you while "coming" at me in the same sentence of that request. Amazing how that works right? Perhaps you should rethink your joke when I've obviously been pretty consistent on getting this site fixed. Someone has to be vocal to get it fixed, if people don't complain of a problem how will a provider know to fix it? I was pretty serious in my comments before, and we obviously don't know each other, so I guess you wouldn't know how seriously or not I take the internet.

BigKev23

I'll take $20....

CoralN00b

No I have not looked at the stats and honestly I don't need to. I am on the forum and see others on it. This is nothing like the blackout in July or August was and I see Eric giving updates on what he is doing, apologizing for the issue and updating us. I just did not see the need to bash him because he has not given us an update on his progress over the weekend. A simple question of "Any updates from the weekend maintenance?" would have been fine. Obviously, we can both get on here and post so something is working.

I'm not going to get into an internet war with you because it won't accomplish anything for either of us. If you are having PMs and conversations in person, then I don't see the need to bash them publicly on here. We each have our own opinions and your statement to them earlier was pretty harsh and doesn't need to be taken the wrong way by someone that has just joined the site and is thinking of sponsoring as a member or a business.

This is the best forum out there for this hobby, even with an occasional disconnect or page refresh needed.

Gary

No I have not looked at the stats and honestly I don't need to. I am on the forum and see others on it. This is nothing like the blackout in July or August was and I see Eric giving updates on what he is doing, apologizing for the issue and updating us. I just did not see the need to bash him because he has not given us an update on his progress over the weekend. A simple question of "Any updates from the weekend maintenance?" would have been fine. Obviously, we can both get on here and post so something is working.

I'm not going to get into an internet war with you because it won't accomplish anything for either of us. If you are having PMs and conversations in person, then I don't see the need to bash them publicly on here. We each have our own opinions and your statement to them earlier was pretty harsh and doesn't need to be taken the wrong way by someone that has just joined the site and is thinking of sponsoring as a member or a business.

This is the best forum out there for this hobby, even with an occasional disconnect or page refresh needed.
Perhaps you should take a look.

Let me point you to this thread. http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php?17403-Oops-cannot-connect-to-chicagoreefs!

9/17 that thread was posted, and we've been having the problem for a bit already before I posted that. So according to my calculation, that's five weeks since my first thread about this. So pardon me if I'm a be adamant about finding out when the site is going to be fixed for real.

I get the, the site works fine for me thing, but the truth is it doesn't work fine for everyone else.

Best forum in the hobby? That's because of the people that make this community. Let me also state that this is one of MANY sites EyeReef owns, so we don't need to hear about any excuses, it's a business for him. Granted, probably not his only job, but he makes money off this.

My comment really was not that harsh at the end of the day when you take into consideration five weeks of waiting, and responses saying it was going to be fixed of days already passed.

CoralN00b

Like I said, your original post today could have been seen negatively by a new user to our site and if it turned them away as a member or business sponsor than that was wrong. I seen it in a negative fashion and I am sure someone else did too. If so, that means others could as well.

I was a user here for a few months before I sponsored. For some reason I had never seen or noticed the sponsor option. Once i did, I paid the $20 right away and became a user sponsor. If I were a business in this hobby, I would be a business sponsor as well. If I seen your comment first and was new to the site, I probably would have thought twice. That is all. You might not agree and that is fine.

I hope Eric fixes this and we can all be happy again. I hate to think the entire community is really this upset over this. I am having the issue too, just not enough to bash them like that. Maybe it is disconnecting every few seconds for you and you are frustrated over it. I don't know. All I know is, nobody has left over this and there are no more facebook posts about it being such a gigantic issue like it was in the july/august blackout.

I just don't want someone else that might be trying to sponsor our community, turn the other way because they think this site doesn't work or they won't get their money's worth. We have had a lot of new member's here recently and especially from other forums.

I can't comment on the financials of this site or Eric's situation with it and honestly, at this point, we are beating a dead horse. You feel strongly about this enough to post what you did and stand by it and that is fine. I feel strongly enough about the opposite opinion enough to post. Members, new and old to this site, can read through this and see both sides and make their own opinions.

CoralN00b

Gary, I wanted to apologize for the argument we had yesterday. I could have approached it better or gone to PM with you on it. I was joking in the first post but context and tone is lost when typing so I should have just restated that and left it at that and took the rest to PM. It was just bad timing and a bad day but I shouldn't have reacted like that. After rereading it last night I realized I was wrong.

Also, I did not realize the issue was really as bad as you said and others are having the same issue so I apologize for that as well. Surely, an update should have been made by now especially if so many are expressing their opinions behind the scenes.

Anyways, sorry for over reacting and adding drama to the site. Beers and shooting range soon! :beer:

Gary, I wanted to apologize for the argument we had yesterday. I could have approached it better or gone to PM with you on it. I was joking in the first post but context and tone is lost when typing so I should have just restated that and left it at that and took the rest to PM. It was just bad timing and a bad day but I shouldn't have reacted like that. After rereading it last night I realized I was wrong.

Also, I did not realize the issue was really as bad as you said and others are having the same issue so I apologize for that as well. Surely, an update should have been made by now especially if so many are expressing their opinions behind the scenes.

Anyways, sorry for over reacting and adding drama to the site. Beers and shooting range soon! :beer:
I owe you both hugs and kisses!! I feel the love!!

It's near impossible for me to log on at home which is why you rarely see me on here after business hours. During the day at the office, I also get disconnects and WEBSITE NOT AVAILABLE messages. I've gotton to the point where after i get the message I just walk away from the laptop and just text message the reefers I need to contact. This issue has been ongoing for a few months already for me at work, home, my mobile and at my parent's.

Gary

Thanks Mike, I too apologize, everything could of been handled better. Lookign forward to some range time. :)