Drama' 4g Nuvo

koreandrama

I got the itch again to start a pico/nano. And since I'm back in school, it shouldn't take up too much of my time.

Equipment:
-Innovative Marine 4g
-AquaIllumination Nano Sol
-Ecotech MP10
-Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Lite
-Aqueon 10w Heater

Future Livestock:
????

m.miller1547

What are your plans for this tank Thomas? Alot of money for such a small tank. I think you may have overdone it with the 4 gallon. Having a AI Nano and an pm10 has gotta be allot. Im assuming you run both at 10%. This would be a cool sps tank, but you may need a doser to keep up with parameters. Do you have a SL1 for ATO? I saw another member with an AI Nano on a Nuvo 4, but he had no livestock as well. I would get rid of the sand. Less hassle with mp10 and bare bottom is cool now a days(im sure it has its other benefits) I've own a nuvo 8 and it was my favorite tank so far. Im gonna tag along on this one. Good luck with build.

DB9181

Yeah, looks like you're "well equiped" -Good luck on your build, interested in seeing what comes of it :)

RedDevil.258

WOW! Looks good, I have been thinking about putting a small layer of sand in mine as well! The MP10 may be a bit overkill! :)
I just upgraded the stock pump with a mini-jet 606. This is still a bit low so I may try using the 808. What's the RKL taking care of?

RedDevil.258

How is the AI controller working out for you? Mine was used so it is hit or miss sometimes. I think the black knob is broken. The nano sol is a sweet light!!! I am so glad I upgraded, in fact it doing so well that I am having a algae problem. Good luck with the build and stocking plan!

koreandrama

What are your plans for this tank Thomas? Alot of money for such a small tank. I think you may have overdone it with the 4 gallon. Having a AI Nano and an pm10 has gotta be allot. Im assuming you run both at 10%. This would be a cool sps tank, but you may need a doser to keep up with parameters. Do you have a SL1 for ATO? I saw another member with an AI Nano on a Nuvo 4, but he had no livestock as well. I would get rid of the sand. Less hassle with mp10 and bare bottom is cool now a days(im sure it has its other benefits) I've own a nuvo 8 and it was my favorite tank so far. Im gonna tag along on this one. Good luck with build.
I had extra equipment around so I thought I'd finally put it to use lol. After I moved and took down my ADA had a lot of stuff leftover. I planning on making it a zoa tank most likely as for now.

Yeah, looks like you're "well equiped" -Good luck on your build, interested in seeing what comes of it :)
Thanks. Hopefully I'll get some zoas in it today.

WOW! Looks good, I have been thinking about putting a small layer of sand in mine as well! The MP10 may be a bit overkill! :)
I just upgraded the stock pump with a mini-jet 606. This is still a bit low so I may try using the 808. What's the RKL taking care of?
I had barebottom tanks before and not sure but I don't really liked it after a while and to me its easier to take it out then put it in later.

How is the AI controller working out for you? Mine was used so it is hit or miss sometimes. I think the black knob is broken. The nano sol is a sweet light!!! I am so glad I upgraded, in fact it doing so well that I am having a algae problem. Good luck with the build and stocking plan!
My AI controller is working fine. It was sorta tricky getting it tuned but after that its not that bad. Do you have a link to your tank as well?

RedDevil.258

I will.....This was the Nuvo I was thinking of swapping with you. I am kinda glad I didn't because within a couple of days a fellow reefer posted a ATO that fit perfectly in the third chamber!

Jep21

tagging along.. i also have a nuvo 4.. hey isaac where did u buy ur upgrade pump from? im looking to upgrade the stock pump

RedDevil.258

tagging along.. i also have a nuvo 4.. hey isaac where did u buy ur upgrade pump from? im looking to upgrade the stock pump
I bought it a while back from MD to power one of my old reactors. I don't think that they sell them any more. I really like these pumps because they are small and move some water.

koreandrama

Quick little update with a lack of pics but the MP10's power is perfect for the Nuvo 4 and even cranked it up a little, but the only thing thats annoying is it takes up a lot of real estate in a small tank. I have an Elos Osmolator to control evap.

Some current livestock:
-Utter Chaos
-Vivid's Rainbow
-Tyree Space Monsters
-Dragon Eyes
-Green Bay Packers
^^^All from the nicest person I know (you know who are lol)

Also have some Tubbs, and what looks sorta Pinks and Golds.

But here's what's coming next week:

Jep21

Quick little update with a lack of pics but the MP10's power is perfect for the Nuvo 4 and even cranked it up a little, but the only thing thats annoying is it takes up a lot of real estate in a small tank. I have an Elos Osmolator to control evap.

Some current livestock:
-Utter Chaos
-Vivid's Rainbow
-Tyree Space Monsters
-Dragon Eyes
-Green Bay Packers
^^^All from the nicest person I know (you know who are lol)

Also have some Tubbs, and what looks sorta Pinks and Golds.

But here's what's coming next week:
Oh snap! I thnk i need to stop by ur place again.lol those zoas look awesome.. Is that rastas i see ?! ;)

koreandrama

so...sorta off topic but decided to get a Reef Savvy around 40g gallon tank. 24x24x16 with 3 sides starphire glass and a smoked back and hybrid overflow. Lead time is around 4 months so I got plenty of time to buy equipment and plan for the build I guess.

Jep21

so...sorta off topic but decided to get a Reef Savvy around 40g gallon tank. 24x24x16 with 3 sides starphire glass and a smoked back and hybrid overflow. Lead time is around 4 months so I got plenty of time to buy equipment and plan for the build I guess.
I guess u couldnt resist a bigger tank lol i cant wait for the build

rosko23

Lol I have a 28x28x14 for sale man! Lol Felix is a great guy...

koreandrama

I guess u couldnt resist a bigger tank lol i cant wait for the build
LOL! sorta. Since it will take 4-5 months for the tank to be completed, i dont think it will be set up for a long time anyhow. I'll probably have to wait till I move.

Lol I have a 28x28x14 for sale man! Lol Felix is a great guy...
lol...if I didn't see the 26x24x20, that 28x28x14 would probably be mine. The external overflow is just too sexy to resist. LOL, when I referenced your build, they knew you right away.

rosko23

LOL! sorta. Since it will take 4-5 months for the tank to be completed, i dont think it will be set up for a long time anyhow. I'll probably have to wait till I move.

lol...if I didn't see the 26x24x20, that 28x28x14 would probably be mine. The external overflow is just too sexy to resist. LOL, when I referenced your build, they knew you right away.
Ah ur doing external. Yeah that's my new tank I'm setting up. And yeah Felix knows me well lol.

tell him to give you the Miklo hookup! He'll understand...