Dvanlier05's 120 SPS Garden

dvanlier05

Got home from work yesterday evening and found something made a tiny frag of my RR Angry Birds.:mad: Thankfully I found it and it's doing fine after being half buried in the sand all day.
20200620_175239.jpg

dvanlier05

Not to much to update. Almost at 1 year with the new setup. I did have 1 frag STN on me, TSA Rockstar. Everything is growing nicely so not sure why it kicked the bucket. I have a few more frags coming tomorrow and can't wait for them.
I almost have everything I need for the new frag/grow out system. Hopefully I can set it up ASAP bc I'm totally out of room and don't want to get rid of any of the ones I already have.

Funlad3

I love seeing 1" growth tips on mini colonies; they're gonna double in size so quickly! Colors look amazing. :)

dvanlier05

Thanks. Funny bc I'm debating on starting to dose NO3 and PO4 to get numbers up a bit more to get some better colors. A few months ago they came down and are holding at NO3-0.5 and PO4-0.05. I have everything just need to hook it up to the dosers.
So bad news on the corals. Shipment showed up over 1 hr late and all 3 were DOA. Best of all, order was held 1 week for a fresh cut to heal and it didn't even get shipped with the others. Will find out tomorrow whats going to happen with them.
20200825_172245.jpg20200825_172132.jpg20200825_172224.jpg20200825_172159.jpg

Funlad3

So bad news on the corals. Shipment showed up over 1 hr late and all 3 were DOA. Best of all, order was held 1 week for a fresh cut to heal and it didn't even get shipped with the others. Will find out tomorrow whats going to happen with them.
At least your fresher cut didn't get condemned with the rest of your order... Any clues to what it is?

dvanlier05

Just got word that new frags will be cut tomorrow of all 3. All 4 will be shipped in a week or 2.
Well that week or 2 turned into a month, Joe had some personal issues to handle, but frags showed up yesterday alive and happy. He even threw in a WWC Kung Pow monti. I also got a shipment from TCK Corals yesterday too. Now I REALLY have no room and need to get going on the frag tank. I'll take some more pics tonight.
Joe Knows Reef- Boba Fett, 4K, Lucky Charms, Rainbow Pixel, and Kung Pow.
TCK-RRC LV, RRC Elektra, TCK Wildcard, TCK Warhammer, TCK Pink Fire, TCK Swizzle Stick, TCK X-Ray, and TCK Cotton Candy.

Joe Knows Reef
20200924_170800.jpg

TCK Corals
20200924_164533.jpg

20200924_171120.jpg

20200924_171537.jpg

dvanlier05

Had a little set back on the tank. My Versa dosing alk wore through its tubing and wasn't dosing. Luckily I'm only using 2 of 4 so I switched it to a different one. Alk did drop from 8.9 to 5.9 but corals look great. Ive been slowly bringing it back up, 6.3 yesterday.
Not that I don't like the Versa and dosing but I decided to upgrade to a Geo 612x2 calcium reactor. It should be delivered in about 3ish weeks. With the frag tank coming soon, corals taking off, and more on my wish list, it was time.
Last upgraded was to my fuge light. About 1/4 of the bulbs burned out on my cheap Amazon light so I got a AI Prime Fuge. Been up for about 2 weeks and love it.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Had a little set back on the tank. My Versa dosing alk wore through its tubing and wasn't dosing. Luckily I'm only using 2 of 4 so I switched it to a different one. Alk did drop from 8.9 to 5.9 but corals look great. Ive been slowly bringing it back up, 6.3 yesterday.
Not that I don't like the Versa and dosing but I decided to upgrade to a Geo 612x2 calcium reactor. It should be delivered in about 3ish weeks. With the frag tank coming soon, corals taking off, and more on my wish list, it was time.
Last upgraded was to my fuge light. About 1/4 of the bulbs burned out on my cheap Amazon light so I got a AI Prime Fuge. Been up for about 2 weeks and love it.
Good choice on the Geo. I got the 618 a few months ago and love it. I couldn’t get my effluent rate stable with it until I got a peristaltic pump though. Are you going to supply it with the Versa? They can be run continuously, right?

I’ve been using this and love it, but it took a few weeks to get here from China.

dvanlier05

Good choice on the Geo. I got the 618 a few months ago and love it. I couldn’t get my effluent rate stable with it until I got a peristaltic pump though. Are you going to supply it with the Versa? They can be run continuously, right?

I’ve been using this and love it, but it took a few weeks to get here from China.

Yes they do both continuous duty and timed/measured amounts. Versa will be feeding it, carbon doser for regulator, and a Milwaukee PH monitor. Effluent will go into my fuge to help with PH.