Enforcing Marketplace Rules

yogoshio

So, we've said it a million times that if rules were followed, then half of CR drama would disappear, but I have yet to see any mods enforce those rules.

I am not trying to pick a fight, but trying to save a dozen from being created.

If we could start keeping people honest about the rules regarding FS threads, pricing, etc., we would all be better off for it. Not asking for more rules, but just for the ones on the books to be enforced properly.

Not even my threads, but its so aggravating when everyone comments on someone's price or lowballs via post instead of PM.

yogoshio

And I'll be the first to admit, I've broken them too. But if we could keep this enforced, then we would eventually all learn to stop as well, so we wouldn't have to go mod crazy, lol.

frostyjay1

+1 offers should all be done via PM. especially if someone is gonna make a stupid offer. if you dont agree with a price then again voice via pm.

RedDevil.258

I feel yea Ben!! But this isn't a forum issue it's a human issue. How do you prevent a grown a$$ man sitting in front of his phone or computer from posting a lowball offer or saying something out of line? Sometimes I wish MODs would just delete the replies. If you are a member of any other forum you would see it not just an issue here but something that happens to all market place areas.

rosko23

this is the way i see it... someone can post something on my fs thread.... if i don't like it... i ignore, but if its ridiculous.. i am MOD to delete... i get offers all the time from Noobs, no biggie. i just say no... if i gets out of hand.. i tell a MOD... even vets sometimes post things on FS threads that are off topic, but most just tolerate bc they know no mal-intentions are meant.

XxvjuicevxX

this is the way i see it... someone can post something on my fs thread.... if i don't like it... i ignore, but if its ridiculous.. i am MOD to delete... i get offers all the time from Noobs, no biggie. i just say no... if i gets out of hand.. i tell a MOD... even vets sometimes post things on FS threads that are off topic, but most just tolerate bc they know no mal-intentions are meant.
+1 Jorge! - Some people just need to grow up anyway and stop acting like a bunch of school girls in a playground! If someone sells something, then they should expect to get offers unless its set to "FIRM" - Its business not personal!!!
ALSO - Be thankful that if you are selling something on here, and making money whether its $5 or $500, YOUR NOT PAYING TAXES ON IT ANYWAY so why complain.

(BEN! this is nothing towards you in any way! Just a general comment :) )

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I feel yea Ben!! But this isn't a forum issue it's a human issue. How do you prevent a grown a$$ man sitting in front of his phone or computer from posting a lowball offer or saying something out of line? Sometimes I wish MODs would just delete the replies. If you are a member of any other forum you would see it not just an issue here but something that happens to all market place areas.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.... I can imagine the outrage if a mod deleted someones offer because the buyer posted it in a thread! What if the seller would have taken that offer, then we would have cost him/her a sale.

"I have yet to see any mods enforce those rules."....Really? What makes everyone think that the mods don't take care of things behind the scenes through pm? Heaven forbid we delete someone's post around here. If we do, everyone gets up in arms and starts calling the forum RC! I'd like to know how many members are really upset by our lack of moderation? Seems to me that it is only some of the members on this forum that are upset about things and they also seem to be the source of the drama...

A couple things to remember here.
1) The mods are not online 24/7. We all have lives outside of CR, just as you all should.
2) There is a little "report" button on each post that will email the team. Feel free to use it, it is there for a reason.

As a mod, I encourage members to actively help "police" the site by using the "report" feature.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Not only that, but I see alot of my posts in general getting deleted for no apparent reason.? :hmmmm:
There's always a reason. It might not have been something you specifically posted. Sometimes posts get deleted as part of a wider effort to clean up a thread.

Emisis

Like I said somewhere before..............AND it's an easy fix.............If you are the seller............

$$$$- No OBO or Firm: Subject to offers (most likely low ballers at that)
$$$$- Firm No Brainer: That's what they want for it
$$$$- OBO No explanation needed unless you do not understand OBO

If the seller would add the firm or OBO to their post and clearly state PM with offers it could all be easily avoided............

I admit I am guilty of poo pooing in some FS threads but they are only Rosko's and he doesn't count............. :happy: