Eric's 90 Gallon Rimless

x19

Here is a FTS from about two weeks ago, I've added quite a lot since then and was forced to change the rockwork a bit in order to remove the yellow tail damsel (he was tormenting my new Ignitus Anthias). I've also added a number of new corals but haven't taken pictures yet.

Fish:
• 2 Ocellaris Clowns
• 3 Ignitus Anthias

Coral:
• Mixed Reef

Gear:
• 90 Gallon Custom Rimless Tank 36x24x24 by Miracle's Aquarium's
•*20 gallon custom sump by Anthony at NanoSeaCreations
• 24" Vertex Illumina 200
• EcoTech Marine Vortech MP-40
• Eheim 1262 Return
• Super Reef Octopus XP-2000 Cone Skimmer
• Next Reef SMR-1 w/CoralVue BioSphere Pellets
• Currently using AquaVitro Salinity Salt but will be switching to Red Sea Coral Pro once I use up what I have
• Dosing Prodibio BioDigest and getting ready to start the Red Sea Reef Care program

x19

Thanks everybody!

Nice looking tank. I love the rimless open top look, I just am afraid of jumpers.
Yeah I try to steer clear of common jumpers, seriously limits my fish choices.. I would really love a flasher wrasse..

bryman

Very nice! Do you have any pics of your ignitus anthias? I've been wanting to get a trio for my 90G too. Also, where did you get them?

x19

Very nice! Do you have any pics of your ignitus anthias? I've been wanting to get a trio for my 90G too. Also, where did you get them?
Thanks.

I got the Anthias from LiveAquaria.com. I watch them eat, but they still have that pinched stomach look so I'm a bit worried... They were a little pale from shipping but they have colored up pretty good now. One is not eating as well, is still pale but quite a bit more red. He's also much more timid than the others. I'm not sure if he's becoming the male and that explains the color, and personality or if its unrelated.

I'll try to take some pictures tonight, all I have now is a crappy cell phone picture from the day they arrived.

x19

They're a little blurry but I didn't have time to reshoot.

The one in the top right actually has a bit of a smashed up face. He came that way from the shop, but he seems ok in general.

bryman

Thanks for posting the pics of the ignitus! I had one accidental dispar with my bartlets, and she looked very similar to your ignitus. Not sure if you are feeding multiple times a day, but I found that the bartletts were OK with 1x a day but the dispar was looking really skinny unless I fed at least 2x a day. I think their stomachs can't hold much and they are adapted more to eating a little constantly.