Fatman's 20 Long Reef

Fatman

all hes got it on there for is some coloration and the shimmer, but that's obvious on this end.
Exactly why I have it on there lol. Love the shimmering look it gives the water without me having to go out and by Metal Halides lol.

Fatman

Been busy with work lately so I haven't been online much. This tank is going well, but I did lose my emerald crab, 2 small zoa frags and 1 clove frag when the power was out.

The good news is that I found a marineland single bright LED system on CL for an awesome price. Looks way better than the other LED system that was on here.

Fatman

Will try my hardest to get pics up. Getting double the hours at work now, so finding time has been an issue lately.

Fatman

Been a long time, but finally a pic update!

FTS

Left

Middle

Right

Misc

So after taking the pics I realized that the right hand side is super empty (just a small clove frag). So I moved some green zoas over there.
Here's the current FTS

nyckeeandnate6

I would personally recommend more snails. We have a 29 gallon tank with 3 Nassarius snails, 5 blue leg hermits, a peppermint shrimp (took care of aptasia problem a while back), we have 2 emerald crab, margarita snails, limpets, astera snails, Nerite snails, cerith snails Don't know how many of each, but we have a bunch to keep up with all the bio load and algae etc. We do not use a filter though we only have a protein skimmer and live rock.
Please excuse me if I am rambling or being unclear I haven't gotten much sleep. I worked 16.5 hours yesterday and then had to be back to work at midnight to start a 12 hour shift that will more than likely turn into something longer. My brain is in the process of shutting down at this point.

Fatman

Thank you! I'm really happy with how it looks so far.

Funny you should mention the snails, b/c I've got somewhere between 5 and 10 baby turban snails cruising around the tank now. Spotted them last week and their growing pretty quickly.
Other than that I also found these little white slugs eating algae off the rock and glass.

I am also thinking of adding a couple of emerald crabs (lost mine during the power outage) and maybe another cleaner shrimp of some kind.

Fatman

Stopped by Aquapros today and of course I couldn't leave without getting something lol. I ended up picking up a nice Ricordea yuma, some pipe organ polyps (Tubipora musica) and a meteor shower (Cyphastrea ocellina) with some really cool looking green zoas on the other half of the rock.

I'm just waiting for the green zoas to open up. Then I'll take some pictures to put up tonight.

Fatman

Wish I had taken pictures earlier when the mushroom were as big as I have seen them, especially because a hermit decided to walk right over the zoas so I knew they weren't going to open up for awhile.
Anyways here some pis lol...

FTS

Left

Center

Right

Right Wide

Close ups
Meteor Shower w/ the Green Zoas

I love this shot of the yuma

Pipe Organ Polyps

Under the moonlights (not the greatest)

I wish I could take pics that actually looked as good as thing do in person lol.

Fatman

Was down in Bloomington this weekend and picked up a good sized colony of Zoas from a place called "Premium Pet Supply" for a great price. Haven't decided exactly where I'll be putting it, but if I can't find a good spot for the whole colony, I'll cut it into a few frags.

I'll try getting pics up asap. Probably won't be until I can get a day off, and am actually home.

Fatman

did you get that piece of meteor shower from aqua pros? looks like one of david's frags.
Yep, Aquapros is my favorite local shop.

that one red mushroom is huge
Thanks, if I had taken pics more towards "middle of the day" (about 6pm on their light schedule) the red mushrooms and green mushrooms behind them are usually about 2-3 times that size.