Favorite LFS?

mr_z

so i just went to robs and unlike last time when i had a bad experience this time it was a good experience i talked to rob he was awesome. the tall guy from last time just stood in the corner and stayed quiet but rob was an awesome person. he does have a few things/livestock that are good prices. :)

1boatnut

Yea,Aquatica does have a bigger selection,but since Rob just opened in September I know its going to take time before he can increase .

He does have almost double the stuff since his opening,and IMHO,its just going to get better

Glad you had a good ecperience

welderz

hey guys.the place in wood dale is called global aquatic importers.
they are whole sale but only sell to the public on sat.
i gurantee you wont find anyone cheaper, but i have had bad luck with fish. seems like a 50% chance of making it. ive probly bought 15 fish over the last 3 years ive been going there, and only about 7 made it. dont know what the deal is but ive heard other people with the same problems. owners name is Bill. Fransisco works in the back and is good help.

xReeFGx

^ +1 they have cheap prices but i feel like some of their frags are over priced. I like Aquapros they always have a nice selection of corals when i go in and they have good prices.

BradB

Premium member
Some of my favorites : Sea Schor, Midwest Coral Farm, Advanced Aquatics, Living Sea.

xtlosx

Exotic Aquatics is right next door to me, so I frequent there often for the $10 frags... They have quite an extensive selection, and are expanding their LPS selection as well.

Midwest Coral Farms is obviously a great place, we do go out there every so often for bigger purchases, or specialty purchases (clams, Anemones), etc... We just picked up a beautiful GBTA with purple tips this weekend.. one of a kind!

noduh

i wouldnt buy anything from global unless you like to put disease into your tank. the fish have to have the worst survival rate ever. if you want to find out what fish store think about them ask any of them. most fish stores wont bash another but they all bash global. if someone tells you not to tell anyone keep it a secret that they are selling to you thats pretty bad they dont sell to most stores out here because they are screwing the stores over by doing what they are doing if your wholesale stay wholesale and dont undercut all the lfs and act like you are the good guy. i would goto petco before i ever went to them . i would goto reef plus anyday steve is a stand up guy.

The reefer

I really like petco for all there healthy selection and corals... Lol jk jk. I like old town and slowly but surely new fish is coming up and i already bought a few things from there so I'm liking it to

Scarlett778

I really like petco for all there healthy selection and corals... Lol jk jk. I like old town and slowly but surely new fish is coming up and i already bought a few things from there so I'm liking it to
Hey man...to each their own lol :p the guy with the beard at new fish is really helpful