found this today

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
I would agree there is a chance it's a fireworm (bad) but without a better pic it would be hard to tell.

+1 for Maidia's post. Are they the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xj_matt

Premium member
I would agree there is a chance it's a fireworm (bad) but without a better pic it would be hard to tell.

+1 for Maidia's post. Are they the same?

I have it sitting in a cup of water then I will try getting a better picture of it as I get off work today

xj_matt

Premium member
Best guess is a bristle worm. Try google image search for bristle wor and see if anything looks close.
I can't find any pictures of it online I have looked and do bristle worms usually swim through the water towards the top of the tank?

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Can you get a picture of its head? Count how many antennae or appendages are there. That may also help.

Worst case, your LFS may be able to help identify it and potentially use it as food for a predator tank

xj_matt

Premium member
Can you get a picture of its head? Count how many antennae or appendages are there. That may also help.

Worst case, your LFS may be able to help identify it and potentially use it as food for a predator tank

When I get off work today I will get better pictures and post it up

Mjl714

It looks like a bristle to me, but I've never seen them "swimming"? Either way, that bucket looks like a nice home for it.

xj_matt

Premium member
Well here is a better picture of this thing but you can't see is it has long white strings coming off of it

xj_matt

Premium member
Any one have any idea lol...... I gave up research on it I have not seen any other picture of one