goby vs wrasse

helitaiwan963

mines fine... doesn't eat anything. it did eat a few hermits when i added them this weekend tho, but that's just cuz he thought it was a snack i was feeding them.

fishyfish22

Premium member
too much of a risk for the melanurus, not willing to take the gamble. at least i learned to spell its name though...

Cecily

Everyone with a 75+ should have a melanurus, they are beautiful and so very personable. Most are even usually fairly brave and will feed from your hand.
Robert - my green chromis, feeds from my hand. Hahahaha. That's it though.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

helitaiwan963

too much of a risk for the melanurus, not willing to take the gamble. at least i learned to spell its name though...
why is it a gamble, most people have them in their reefs. hermits are VERY cheap to replace and same with snails... they don't go after them for food if u feed them regularly

fishyfish22

Premium member
i read on various other sites that they eat shrimp, that's the reason i call it a gamble. i don't want to order a fish that may pose a potential threat to anything else in my tank.

fishyfish22

Premium member
i'd rather not take the risk, hermits and snails are sort of cheap to replace, but if the wrasse keeps on eating them the cost will add up.

fishyfish22

Premium member
i'd rather wait for a wrasse until after i upgrade my tank, it will be easier to maintain later on. are there any fish that aren't wrasses that eat amphipods?