Good website or store to buy nice SPS frags

DAS212

Noted and noted. Will go back again. Had nice corals no doubt but the guy was smoking in there and it gave me a head ache and was super nasty. It actually kept me from buying anything cuz it was making me cough and I just left.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
No but are you saying they enhanced the images in some way?
Yep. After staring at thousands of corals online you will learn to quickly spot who is altering their colors. A little touch-up here or there to bring out true color is no biggie to me but I get a sour feeling when it's overdone...like false advertising. some vendors are notorious for it and I generally refuse to buy from them because I don't know what I'm really getting.

Which of the following would you want to buy? Would you pay double for the 2nd one's vibrance? ;)

DAS212

Yep. After staring at thousands of corals online you will learn to quickly spot who is altering their colors. A little touch-up here or there to bring out true color is no biggie to me but I get a sour feeling when it's overdone...like false advertising. some vendors are notorious for it and I generally refuse to buy from them because I don't know what I'm really getting.

Which of the following would you want to buy? Would you pay double for the 2nd one's vibrance? ;)

Very good point and very informative. As someone with less than a year in this hobby I appreciate you sharing his with me. Its unfortunate that this type of thing happens but its good to take note of. I just figured they had jacked up LED lighting or something of the sort.

Noted and noted. Will go back again. Had nice corals no doubt but the guy was smoking in there and it gave me a head ache and was super nasty. It actually kept me from buying anything cuz it was making me cough and I just left.
When we meet, we have to hi-five!! I couldn't believe my eyes or nose. The arrogance!!

poidog

He still does that? Nasty! And it's illegal to smoke in a business!

rosko23

Sorry. I'm a Cherrycorals fan. Todd and Brett no doubt get the nicest corals in the business. And that's coming from someone that was in the business. I've bought from them and never was disappointed...

EricTheRed

I'll keep that in mind and perhaps give them a shot some day. Although I'm still put off by the pics, though.

EDIT: Regarding my previous comments, I would like to point out a couple things. First, I only looked at their SPS and have no opinion regarding their other corals. Second, it seems that they have 2 sections, and after taking another look at their site, I noticed 2 sections under SPS for Acro's. The first section named "Acropora" IMO has overly-saturated pics, while the other section, "Acropora Frags", did not appear to be any worse that any other vendor out there. After seeing the "Acropora" section I didn't bother looking at anything else until now.

rosko23

Have you been to their shop or a have you bought from them in the past?
Eric... I've been there and bought off Internet. The majority of my acans came from them. Eric and I speak to Todd/Brett regularly... They are great guys. Hands down one of the best vendors.

EricTheRed

Can I see a pic of it?!?
Over the course of the next week or so I'd like to have pics taken of all my sticks so i can catalog them and update their growth. I don't have any of the Hellboy yet. It is one of my favourite corals :becky: