Here I Go Again

Mpdan

Premium member
Do you have the return pipe under the water level in your sump? If it is, that's a reason why it would do that constant flushing. There's no oxygen in the pipe for the water to flow freely because it's under water. I hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
It was about an inch under I raised it to just above the water line earlier today but it was still flushing. Thank you

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Mpdan

Premium member
A quick update. I added fritz zyme 900 to the tank waited a week then added week (1) a pair of clowns the next week (2) added a neon blue dottyback. Week (3) added a clean up crew from reef cleaners. Just picked up a few zoa frags and a couple ricordea mushrooms from Mega Corals. Cannot wait to add more I need to find some patience. Also, I tested this morning before water change and am just a little concerned about Nitrate. Using Hanna Nitrate Low Range testing came out to 6ppm. 10 gallon change last week and another 10 after today's testing.

Mpdan

Premium member
It's been about 3 weeks since the last update. I have been doing 10 gallon water change every week and have added a dayglo favia and a small sailfin tang. Tested water again today seems like alk and calcium are low I don't understand why it has only been 5 days since last water change.

Mpdan

Premium member
How is the one drain and 3/4 return working out?
It's ok still loud in the sump but I have gotten used to it. I wish I would have used both as drains (Herbie) and plumbed the return over the top. Right now i am going to leave it but I see changing it in the future. Might try a stockman before to see if that makes it quiet. It is the bubbling in the sump that is loud.

FPSD

Premium member
Is the pipe in sock underwater or above?I'm setting up my 80 in a few weeks and don't want to use an external return either.

Mpdan

Premium member
Is the pipe in sock underwater or above?I'm setting up my 80 in a few weeks and don't want to use an external return either.
In a sock about a 1/2 inch under the water