Hi chicago reefs!

roilciuc

Well I guess I should tell u about myself and my tanks. My name is Ben, 20 years old, and been fish keeping since I was 6. Started out with small freshwater tanks and read tons of books on aquarium maintenance. Currently I have a small halfmoon betta I bred and raised, a 25 ” reef” with a beeding pair of clowns and a snowflake eel. Its not a reef yet because I haven't made it one yet but I will have to since I need a place to move my soft corals. My main tank is a 75 with a 30 sump/fuge. 150lb live rock and 50 sand. Currently I have 224W pcs 2 10k and 2 12k. I have to install my new 120W LEDs 2 of them with 10 or 15k white and actinics. I have 2 of them but they are all 1W bulbs which I heard are useless for coral growth. The tank has a cheap skimmer in the sump, I plan to update that, 3 powerheads 1400gph ea, the return pump from the sump, and a canister filter for mechanical and chemical filtration, debating about removing it cuz it removes my plankton. Corals include green slimer, montipora, some unknown sps, rose bulb tip anemones(not a coral), mushrooms, frog spawn, hammers, torch coral, xenia, star polyps, zoas, and a few more I can't remember names for atm. Fish are a pair of mandarines, 4 green chromis, 2 tail spot benny, 1 royal gramma, scoter blenny. Inverts are 250 blue leg hermits, bunch of snails turbo and others, brittle stars, bristle worms (on accident), pair of cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimps, 4 or 5 emerald crabs, and 2 long spine urchins.