Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 9th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanjan11

Hey guys, fairly new to the forum and so I don't know very many of you. I read the thread regarding fastrc and its been tugging at my heart ever since. I recently lost my older brother to cancer last October and I know how devastating this must be for him and his family.

I've been thinking about how to get more people involved with his fund. What do you guys think about holding a texas hold'em tournament where most of the buy-in would go straight to the fund and some would go towards a nice frag pack for the winners or even just gift cards. The break-down could be 50/50 or even 70/30 or whatever. I'm not sure if someone would want to step up to do this nor do I even know if anyone plays hold'em. Just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Ryan

Herbie

Banned
I could have it in our neighborhood pool's club house (would easily fit 3 tables), but I seriously doubt Round Lake is going to work for more than maybe two or three people.

Herbie

Banned
This is an awesome idea!!! I love it!! But I don't know how to play and Round Lake is a hike.
I would hope it would stay friendly enough that we could teach you. We should see if a warehouse sized LFS would let us play there. It worked well for a christmas party. . .

Cubbies

I think for such a cause it's well worth the haul. Imagine if someone to a hike for you! I'm with you Walt, I don't know how to play either but I can sure try and help in some way :p It is a bit far either way so maybe somewere more centralized? Idk just throwing ideas out there as well. I love the idea. It's nice to see the community come together in such ways. On the other note it would be a fun time for an absolute great cause!

I think for such a cause it's well worth the haul. Imagine if someone to a hike for you! I'm with you Walt, I don't know how to play either but I can sure try and help in some way :p It is a bit far either way so maybe somewere more centralized? Idk just throwing ideas out there as well. I love the idea. It's nice to see the community come together in such ways. On the other note it would be a fun time for an absolute great cause!
Yeah, somewhere more central would be good and will bring in more folks with money. Remember, we have quite a few very active members who live in Indiana and It's already 30 minutes into the city for them. Reefwise and MCF are both the same distance for me so maybe someone can ping them and ask. If it were afterhours, it would benefit them and allow for them to have more people to sell to who couldn't make it during business hours. We'd all win!!

DanSreef

Premium member
It is a great idea. I would be in for it. I am going to MCF tomorrow. I will see if they are interested in host such an event / benefit.

ryanjan11

I'm so pumped that you guys are so down...I hope we can make this work somehow. Thanks Dan for checking in with MCF. Definitely agree that it should be in a more centralized location.

lunacris

You guys are right ive driven that far for a frag or fish before didnt think about what it was really for how ignorant of me im sorry. if we can do a sunday im in or later on sat im in where ever it is at

DanSreef

Premium member
So I just spoke to Blake to plant the seed on the idea of doing it at MCF. I am going up there tomorrow and will discuss it more with them then. For those interested... lets start thinking about dates. I would suspect something sooner than later...before folks start summer vacations.

Thougths?

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Here's a thought, maybe the LFS would be willing to sell raffle tickets for various primo coral pieces. Whatever is cleared above and beyond the cost of the coral would then be donated. This way there is something extra in it for the LFS. Rumor has it that a certain coral farm has a secret stash that the public doesn't know about...:becky:

Status
Not open for further replies.