How to raise Nitrate?

Sawdonkey

Premium member
I read somewhere that dosing nitrate is not a long term solution.
I went to Adam's (Battlecorals) house back in March and he was experimenting with adding nitrate to one of his tanks. When I was there, he said that he was liking the results. I read a post from him a few months later saying he abandoned it because it caused problems.

anarchy

I went to Adam's (Battlecorals) house back in March and he was experimenting with adding nitrate to one of his tanks. When I was there, he said that he was liking the results. I read a post from him a few months later saying he abandoned it because it caused problems.
I'll ask him today. I believe he is still doing it. At least he was explaining to me how to do it

maidia

Team CR
I google the past 2 weeks, people add nitrate in their system with Spectracide Stump Remover Granules and work good for them but more people use natural way to raise the Nitrate (add fish, turn off skimmer, feed more and use Amino acid). I did the natural way so Nitrate raise a little now.

bryman

My skimmer is off for a few days now, feeding more, adding AAs with Acropower. Things already look better, going to see if I can get Nitrates to register tonight.

maidia

Team CR
My skimmer is off for a few days now, feeding more, adding AAs with Acropower. Things already look better, going to see if I can get Nitrates to register tonight.
I used 3 different nitrate test kits: Lamotte, Salifert and API all show white (zero minus), I feed a lot, turn off skimmer few days, dose Acropower, Reef Fanzy, Reef Chili and Oyster feast for almost 2-3 weeks. Now, all 3 test kits show around 2-2.5...I need No3 about 4-5...:(
May be need more fish :)